“Good Barbecue Eatery”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The menu has only a few pages - but this is a good sign, as they can concentrate on fewer dishes but make them right. I will definitely go there again! Pulled pork is my choice!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My little one asks almost daily to go here. The food is always great and we usually get seated pretty quickly. The restaurant is very clean as well as the restrooms (a must with little ones). The portions are big and the waitresses are very friendly.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

About three times a month we always stop at this restaurant to get food to take out to the woods with us and that is what we did on Sat 3/16/2013 between noon & 1pm . The order this time was very simple since I was the only one ordering due to my boyfriend getting food from another place , my order was sliced brisket / cole slaw/ fries and corn bread . Well imagine my bewilderment when an hour later I am sitting in the middle of the Green Swamp looking at pulled chicken/beans/mac&ch and garlic bread .

I guess the girl at the drive thru window was having a bad day because she totally gave me what she wanted and she was very rude on top of it !!! She didnt smile at all , never said thank you or your welcome , slung the food at us and then closed the window .

1  Thank cryptoseeker
Reviewed March 15, 2013

If we want to split a meal, its ok. If we want to invite 40 people, they can handle it. The place is clean and airy, the servers are friendly and very efficient. The manager checked all their sauces years ago to make sure the ingredient I can't have was not in them, so I always feel safe there.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I took a college friend here for dinner. We had the all you can eat (AYCE) chicken, garlic bread, and sundry sides. The servings were so large that one had to work at getting into the AYCE mode. Everyone loved the chicken, baked potatoes, french fries, cole slaw, green beans, baked beans, garlic bread, etc. The BOGO on beer was appreciated. It was a special meal delightfully served by April in a Sonny's which had more atmosphere than any other Sonny's I've been in!
We are from Winter Garden, FL and have not been to a Sonny's since the one in Pine Hills closed. We look forward to trying the Sonny's in Clermont which would be nearest to us.
I can not tell you how great it was to be back at a Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q!!!