“Only worth it for lunch special prices”

Manolo's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 95 Restaurants in Zephyrhills
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went here with my fiancee for a lunch date just to try a new Italian joint. Left very disappointed.

The service was mediocre at best. With only 2 other 2 top tables in the restaurant you would think service could be a bit quicker. Sat down and drink orders weren't taken until 10 mintutes after seating and didnt come out for another 7 minutes after that.

When we finally got our drinks, we had to wait an additional 5 minutes to order. Be warned: all of the lunch food and probably the dinner food is PRE-MADE. There is 0 authenticity here as far as food goes. I was not impressed with my chicken Parmesan what so ever. The manicotti that my girlfriend ordered claimed to have chicken in it but there were 2 - 3 very small pieces... and thats being generous. The bill was small and that was the only reason I wasnt furious I had went here.

The pros of this place include their decor, which is nicely done and homey. And their location in downtown Zephyrhills. This place IS saveable, I really liked the full bar atmosphere at the end of the restaraunt and believe this place could be something awesome. However, for the time being... terrible food and even worse wait staff.

Hope this helped.

1  Thank Allen B

Reviewed March 22, 2013

WEnt on a Wed night at 6:00pm waited to be seated until 6:20pm they were busy, so we waited. Never got menus until we asked for them and then we were barked at! Which ones did we want? Groupon, before 6 or the regular ! i said since it was after 6 and we didn;t have a groupon, I guessed we wanted the regular one! waited another 10 minutes and no one came so we left.

2  Thank weezeybug
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I come from a city where food is very important. Italian food is one of those things that the recipe and the seasonings are key. If I can't smell it before I come in the door, I'm usually disappointed. I think if they don't play it safe and cook true to the Italian way, it will be so much better.

1  Thank T-c M
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We made a reservation for a group of 16. They had two tables set up beside each other with a waitperson at each table. Our table's drink order was taken first, but was served after the other table. Our order's were taken, but took forever to come to the table. We were eating by the time the orders were taken at the second table. Our credit cards were taken by another waiter and then we seen him serving other people...we were wondering where our cards had gone to. But after saying all of that, the food was excellent and very reasonably priced. I would never go back with a group, but with maybe another couple!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The food here is AMAZING! The lobster ravioli is an amazing dish. The waiters are always very professional and friendly. Joe, the owner, is an amazing chef, and always takes time out of his night to stop by our table and say hello. The atmosphere is wonderful just like the food. By far my favorite restaurant in the Tampa Bay area! Thanks Joe!