“Comfortable Beds”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Yulee
Cleveland, Ohio
“Comfortable Beds”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We stayed here one night using discount coupon without reservation. Front desk was very nice and our beds were very comfortable to sleep. We ate dinner at Murray's Grille, that was OK.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
BAY SHORE
Reviewed March 4, 2011

After nearly 8 hrs. on the road, we were glad to stop at the Holiday Inn Express right off I-95 in Yulee, Florida. I expected the hotel to be nicer. The room was adequate and clean; the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was disappointing. They need some healthy choices like fresh fruit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 23, 2010

My family (sister, mother and grandmother) stayed here in November 2010. We were visiting nearby Amelia Island but did not want to pay island prices for lodging. This Holiday Inn was only 15 minutes away on a major road. The hotel is relatively new, had a nice breakfast/sitting room, outdoor pool and a tiny computer room wiht free internet (which was nice as I had not brought my laptop with me). The room was large and comfortable; we all had an excellent night's sleep. Breakfast was quite good and there was a nice variety to choose from. If my family ever goes back to Amelia Island, we would be sure to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2010

The hotel was nice, clean, and comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay but I was double billed. They didn't release the 2nd preauthorization, they let it expire (never requested the funds). Needless to say, this caused a problem. Check your bill and your account before you leave!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, VA
Reviewed October 27, 2009

We recently stayed at this hotel as a half-way stopover on a trip to Sanibel Island. It is conveniently located just off of I-95, and we enjoy going into Fernandina Beach for dinner and a little shopping. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and the bathroom was very clean also (a must for me). The breakfast is your typical hotel continental type: cereal, muffins, toast, yogurt, etc. As a hot tea drinker, I was a little disappointed that there was no selection other than regular tea bags, but this wasn't a big deal. The front desk clerk working the evening we checked in was not very friendly; however, the young lady working the next morning was fantastic. If you are looking for a convenient, clean place to stay in the Fernandinal Beach area, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed May 8, 2008

This was a one night stay to visit the Shrimp Festival in Fernandina Beach. The hotel was just off the interstate about 10 miles from Fernandina Beach, but unless you're going back and forth to the tourist area, a convenient location. Directions to the hotel were good but once we got off the interstate we missed it the first time because the sign is hard to see, hidden by some trees. Look for the Comfort Inn sign!
Check-in was fast and easy and the clerk was pleasant. The room was good sized and clean with comfortable beds and nice linens. We did have a couple of complaints: the bathroom exhaust fan comes on automatically with the light and I never like that because of the noise. Also, the tv satellite service they use does not have a tv guide channel - very annoying if you're going to be watching much tv. There is a list of channels in the information book but no way to see what might be on at any given time. As a "tv junkie" this bothers me.
The breakfast was substantial and very good except that the biscuits were still frozen. The attendant took them back to, I suppose, pop them in the microwave or oven but they were still cold in the middle when returned. Except for that glitch the breakfast was good and the eating area nice.
If you're looking for a clean, convenient place to stay for a night I would recommend this hotel, although I thought the price was just a little high for the location.

• Liked — comfortable beds, cleanliness, substantial breakfast, attractive pool area
  • Disliked — location, loud bathroom fan, tv service
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
New Jersey
Reviewed April 27, 2008

We were desperate at the last minute. It was late on a Saturday night. Usually I do a lot of research to find the best price, best breakfast, etc. The price was right, the breakfast was good and the place was very clean. I believe it was recently built. I would definately stay there again. It is right off 95 too, so it is convenient.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yulee
Best Western Plus First Coast Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Yulee
Comfort Inn Yulee
#3 of 6 in Yulee
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Yulee? Share your experiences!