Review Highlights
Good trip with cheerful guide

I did 4D3N with Ahmed. Good food, good tents, sleeping bag, pillows. Guides can speak sufficient... read more

Reviewed May 28, 2018
zakBKK
Bangkok, Thailand
via mobile
Great trek.

Positives::- - Fantastic guide (ketchup). Really friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about... read more

Reviewed June 20, 2017
NinaLouiseMarshall
London
via mobile

All reviews wonderful trip base camp days nights tents pillows summit guide hiking rinjani support
Selected filters
Reviewed March 27, 2017

Had a driver waiting for us at the Lombok airport and drove my and another backpacker to Senaru to spend the night in Ahmed's lodge. The next morning we hiked up Rinjani, spent the night and hiked back down. A drive then took us to the docks to take a boat over the Gili T.

Our guide, Hans Solo, was friendly and they cooked amazing food.

I would highly recommend this tour company and trek for anyone in the area and on a budget.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed November 16, 2016 via mobile

Ahmed was really helpful and he did everything to make our stay at the Rinjani wonderful. The food was good, sleeping bags warm and the porters where funny! I didn't like our guide, because he didn't climb to the summit with me, but also because he didn't take care of my travel mate who went back to base camp. But, overall; I would book with Ahmed again. Thank you!

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed August 16, 2016

My 3 friends and I hiked the Rinjani few weeks ago and I must say that our experience was great.

Ahmed made it as smooth as possible (pick up at the airport, organize our first night in Senaru and arrange our return from Senaru to other part of Lombok on day #3). Our guide and porters were absolutely great: friendly and helpful, cooking amazing food 3-times a day and taking care of all the logistic.

I also hiked the Rinjani volcano 3-years ago (with another tour) and I can say Ahmed expedition was a way better both in terms of organization (help to plan our trip, pick up at the airport) and experience (small group, less waiting time during lunches and great food in large quantity) even though a bit more expensive (but it definitely worth it).

According to me, Ahmed expedition is one of the best "value for money" tour you could find around.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

I must say that my experience with this guys has not been good. I have felt cheated so I will try to explain all my experience here.
First of all we (my girlfriend and me) arrived to Mataram an we took a car to go to senaru because we were without time. Some guys offered us a price for the car and the trekking but we decided not to take it before comparing with other options, so we paid only for the car. But in senaru we went directly to ahmed place, why? are them working together? probably. Anyway we accept the price and conditions, we were very tired.
In the afternoon we realized that other people were paying less for the same trek and we speak with ahmed. He told us that our material and conditions were better. The next day we realized that people in the same group of us had paid less exactly with the same conditions ( we were in the same group with the same guide). After the trek we took our bags from the homestay and also the clothes we gave him to do a laundry. In the next village we realized that they stole us some clothes also. I think that it could be a great experience but that guy make us feel cheated.

Date of experience: April 2016
3  Thank Igor V
Reviewed June 28, 2016

Thank you very Ahmed Expedition and especially my guide Irwan for an amazing trek through this magnificent landscape. Whether is it the 7 hills of hell, making it up to the summit or down into the crater, Irwan had been there every step along the way to ensure that you will not be in harm's way or should you give up too early.

Thank you Irwan, wouldn't have made it without you.

Date of experience: September 2015