Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Rinjani Samalas Tour and Trekking
from $235.90
More Info
All reviews his team my friend nus trekking bag safety
Selected filters
Reviewed July 12, 2017

We have planned 8 months ahead to visit Mt Rinjani on our annual summit in 2017. We probably be the very first customer that contacted Haerul Azmi, the owner of Rinjani Samalas, and made our enquiry for the 4D3N package right after the New Year. He was so prompt and accurate with his response to our (endless) questions, very professional service minded individual same as his team. We felt a great relieved after we met them in Lombok,..yes we made the right choice. Idil was our guide (big thanks to you Idil). We viewed Idil and his team (what a strong porters!!) played a big part of our success to the summit. This is one of the memorable trip and we were happy every time we looked at those (thousand) photos. We missed you..RINJANI!!

Date of experience: June 2017
Rinjani Samalas T, Owner at Rinjani Samalas Tour and Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

We booked the 3N2D rinjani trekking tour with samalas quite last minutes (about 10 days before the trek). The owner Azmi was very fast in responding to our queries via email.
We have one guide (Idil) and two other porters (and another local boy) going up to the mountain with us. Through out the 3 days, Idil has been very nice to us and he was patiently accommodating to our pace. It's his Nth time onto rinjani while it's our time. He was sharing some of his stories and stories abt rinjani to us. And I was really amazed by all the nice pic he took for us (without us noticing).
And the two porters, I'm really amazed by how fast they can walk up and down the mountain in flip flops or bear footed, while carrying all the food/tents!!! I really Cannt express how much respect I have for them. I kept telling Idil that these porters are so strong. Idil told me that it's the thought abt making more money for the family keeps them moving. The food was amazing. The quality (and the quantity) of the food we got was far above my expectation. It's really so nice to get nice and hot food on top of the mountain.
Rinjani is definitely stunning. I just hope everyone who goes up there to bring down their own trashes.

Overall this trip is wonderful.

Date of experience: July 2017

Reviewed June 24, 2017

My husband and I did the 3N Rinjani trek. It was a great experience! The views were spectacular, but it is definitely a challenging trek. The food Rinjani Simalas put together was great and our tent/equipment was very good. Our guide, Apri, was fantastic! Overall, we had an excellent experience (even if we were crazy sore at the end of the trip!).

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed June 22, 2017

Honestly the thing that was the best to me about this tour group was the fact that it was very family oriented. Upon my arrival, I went around town with Rana, who as I understand it is the family patriarch. I was traveling alone and Rana was easily the best part of my experience with Samalas. He came walking with me to the waterfalls, but upon my arrival in Senaru I was very hungry from my long trip beforehand, so he first brought me to have lunch with his family! His wife cooked an amazing meal for me, and she sent us off with treats for our "trek" and with bananas for the monkeys. The waterfalls, for the record, are not a difficult trek, but they are truly remarkable.
The accommodation that was provided to me in Senaru was amazing and very peaceful. They had a working farm, and Rana and I went foraging together and picked food for dinner. This was a really amazing experience.

This is less to do with Samalas as a trekking company and more to do with the Rinjani hike itself: IT IS VERY DIFFICULT. Not many of the guides will wait for those in the group who are slower. I'm very grateful that I was keeping pace with many of the guides, and did not end up alone. My advice would be to find someone who will go at your pace. The other thing to note is that the ground is often not stable. I fell through the "path" at one point and hurt my knee pretty badly, and with all of the tour groups operating on the mountain, not one of them had proper First Aid. It would be a huge advantage if the Samalas guides carried even something like antiseptic in the event that something happens.

I went up the mountain with Adi, who was truly amazing and open to discussing many aspects of Sasak culture with me, which made the experience much fuller. Samalas was also very conscious of the environment, and we picked up any and all garbage that we saw along the way, and they didn't participate in a lot of the partying that was done by many of the other groups. Many guides were going up with beer and with music in their packs, but they were very conscious of the fact that we were there to experience the mountain, and that required quiet contemplation. Which I agreed with and appreciated. All in all they were really excellent. The porters were incredible and very kind. I really can't say anything negative about my experience with this family.

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank Erika A

Reviewed June 13, 2017

My guide and porter were very friendly to me. They made sure that i was well taken care of and i'm always been well fed! We had build rapport and I miss them a lot after the trip.

Overall, Rinjani Samalas arranged a very good trip for me. Every dollar is well spent.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction