“Highly recommended!!!”

Rinjani Samalas Tour and Trekking
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mount Rinjani Trekking information, tour and trek packages to Mount Rinjani Lombok with professional trek organizer, guide and porter Senaru. Focused on providing a safe and nurturing environment full of fun, adventure, and discovery who truly you are.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

In summary, a professional outfit that made our trek a truly memorable experience, look no further when booking this excursion.

We spoke with Azmi, along with a few other companies via WhatsApp the day before arriving on Lombok to organise the trek for the next day. His responses were fast, accurate, honest and the communication just seemed more well versed than the others, so we decided to use this company.

There are many companies that offer this 2d1n/ 3d2n/ 4d3n package, but after reading some online blogs, we decided that the standard 3d2n package was best suited for us.

We were picked up from Senggigi port and put up in a guest house for a night before the trek as part of the package- dinner and breakfast were included. We were even introduced to our guide, Sufi, who took us to the nearby waterfalls.

We were picked up in the morning at 7am and joined a group to make it 6 people in total. We had one guide and 5 porters (those guys have some serious strength and stamina). Our group had varying levels of fitness and experience, so we naturally formed our own packs, with Sufi staying with the people at the back- this wasn't an issue as the trek is straight forward and there are many other groups doing the same, so it is impossible to get lost.

The food was excellent and varied. Snacks, water and soft drinks were plentiful. The equipment was relatively new and well maintained, sleeping bags were warm and the mats and pillows were comfortable. There was also a toilet tent.

We were collected t the foot od the mountain and driven back to the office where we received a laminated certificate and a cold drink.

The mountain itself does have a litter issue, but Rinjani Samalas do take all their litter with them, back to the office.

For those doing the trek, please manage your expectations. Do remember you're up a mountain and have to do some challenging walking, scrambling and climbing.

Rinjani Samalas will help you reach the summit, whichever package you choose (standard or deluxe).

Dont forget your warm layers, head torch, thongs to give your feet a breather, wetwipes for a "shower", power bank and remember to ask for a trekking pole!

Rinjani Samalas T, Owner at Rinjani Samalas Tour and Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"group photo"
"remarkable experience"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend their services"
"his team"
in 3 reviews
"sleeping bag"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2017

We have planned 8 months ahead to visit Mt Rinjani on our annual summit in 2017. We probably be the very first customer that contacted Haerul Azmi, the owner of Rinjani Samalas, and made our enquiry for the 4D3N package right after the New Year. He was so prompt and accurate with his response to our (endless) questions, very professional service minded individual same as his team. We felt a great relieved after we met them in Lombok,..yes we made the right choice. Idil was our guide (big thanks to you Idil). We viewed Idil and his team (what a strong porters!!) played a big part of our success to the summit. This is one of the memorable trip and we were happy every time we looked at those (thousand) photos. We missed you..RINJANI!!

Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

We booked the 3N2D rinjani trekking tour with samalas quite last minutes (about 10 days before the trek). The owner Azmi was very fast in responding to our queries via email.
We have one guide (Idil) and two other porters (and another local boy) going up to the mountain with us. Through out the 3 days, Idil has been very nice to us and he was patiently accommodating to our pace. It's his Nth time onto rinjani while it's our time. He was sharing some of his stories and stories abt rinjani to us. And I was really amazed by all the nice pic he took for us (without us noticing).
And the two porters, I'm really amazed by how fast they can walk up and down the mountain in flip flops or bear footed, while carrying all the food/tents!!! I really Cannt express how much respect I have for them. I kept telling Idil that these porters are so strong. Idil told me that it's the thought abt making more money for the family keeps them moving. The food was amazing. The quality (and the quantity) of the food we got was far above my expectation. It's really so nice to get nice and hot food on top of the mountain.
Rinjani is definitely stunning. I just hope everyone who goes up there to bring down their own trashes.

Overall this trip is wonderful.

Reviewed June 24, 2017

My husband and I did the 3N Rinjani trek. It was a great experience! The views were spectacular, but it is definitely a challenging trek. The food Rinjani Simalas put together was great and our tent/equipment was very good. Our guide, Apri, was fantastic! Overall, we had an excellent experience (even if we were crazy sore at the end of the trip!).

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

See more reviews
Reviewed June 22, 2017

Honestly the thing that was the best to me about this tour group was the fact that it was very family oriented. Upon my arrival, I went around town with Rana, who as I understand it is the family patriarch. I was traveling alone and Rana was easily the best part of my experience with Samalas. He came walking with me to the waterfalls, but upon my arrival in Senaru I was very hungry from my long trip beforehand, so he first brought me to have lunch with his family! His wife cooked an amazing meal for me, and she sent us off with treats for our "trek" and with bananas for the monkeys. The waterfalls, for the record, are not a difficult trek, but they are truly remarkable.
The accommodation that was provided to me in Senaru was amazing and very peaceful. They had a working farm, and Rana and I went foraging together and picked food for dinner. This was a really amazing experience.

This is less to do with Samalas as a trekking company and more to do with the Rinjani hike itself: IT IS VERY DIFFICULT. Not many of the guides will wait for those in the group who are slower. I'm very grateful that I was keeping pace with many of the guides, and did not end up alone. My advice would be to find someone who will go at your pace. The other thing to note is that the ground is often not stable. I fell through the "path" at one point and hurt my knee pretty badly, and with all of the tour groups operating on the mountain, not one of them had proper First Aid. It would be a huge advantage if the Samalas guides carried even something like antiseptic in the event that something happens.

I went up the mountain with Adi, who was truly amazing and open to discussing many aspects of Sasak culture with me, which made the experience much fuller. Samalas was also very conscious of the environment, and we picked up any and all garbage that we saw along the way, and they didn't participate in a lot of the partying that was done by many of the other groups. Many guides were going up with beer and with music in their packs, but they were very conscious of the fact that we were there to experience the mountain, and that required quiet contemplation. Which I agreed with and appreciated. All in all they were really excellent. The porters were incredible and very kind. I really can't say anything negative about my experience with this family.