Review Highlights
Best experience!!!

we felt compelled to write this review after having completed the 2 day, 1 night crater rim trek... read more

Reviewed July 10, 2018
Amelia T
via mobile
Couldn’t ask for more

Myself and a friend did the 4D/3N option and it was absolutely phenomenal. Adi was super helpful... read more

Reviewed July 2, 2018
Rebecca P
via mobile

All reviews other companies mt rinjani mountain tour narrow trail nice guy wind chill vip package gili air rock climbing responded quickly volcanic sand pick up and drop recommended by a friend following morning bangsal harbour warm sleeping bags great trip
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Good service but we paid the price for that especially for the thick mattress. The food was ok but too much rice...(quantity was even too much for us). The owner of the company is a nice guy. Our guide was ok. With the porteurs, they were flexible to change plans for the location of breaks: we could decide to change plans.
For the lunches, we waited for a long time (3/4h around) to have our food.

4  Thank laetitia2A
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

I did the 2 day 1 night summit trip. From my first email from Australia to Mr Adi his answers were always prompt and told me all I needed. I was collected from Sengiggi where my wife and I were staying before the trek. All transport including transfer to Sengiigi, then Senaru to Sembalum and then return to Bangsal Harbour to go to Gili Air was very efficient. The food on the trek was excellent and plentiful. Our guide Basri was excellent, he was kind and a great cook for our group of 4. The trek itself is relatively easy to begin but after lunch it is very steep. Our tents on the crater rim were in good condition and the sleeping bags and mat were also good. We were blessed with lovely clear weather for our ascent to the top of Mt Rinjani. The views are awesome but in high season expect many climber, 200 plus. I found the descent tough on the legs but thoroughly with it for the excellent adventure. Special mention to Hamden who guided be back off the mountain. Thanks again Adi Trekker.

1  Thank geoffofulladulla
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

After sending out several emails to similar Trekking company's websites it was soon evident by the response as to the level of service we were going to get. Adi responded efficiently and accurately to all our enquiries. Despite us being late to depart the airport (as Lion Air sent our bags to Sarabuya) Adi's driver was patiently waiting and even came into the airport with me to try to help retrieve our luggage. He then drove us 2.5hrs to Adi's office. We weren't sure as to whether or not (due to our treking gear being lost) we could do the Trek. After discussing other options for the Trek, Adi arranged some hire clothing for us and reassured us that we would be fine. We stayed in basic accommodation for the night (cold water showers) before having breakfast and headed out to Sengigi in an old truck/ute. Without going into to much detail about the climb (as all company's seem to follow the same itinerary) I will focus on our amazing guide Pwayan?? Not sure of the spelling, and Ketut and ? our porters. Pwayan was with us all the way offering encouragement and support not sugarcoating distances and difficulty. Our porters were always ready for us at the stops preparing meals or having our camp, with little chairs,(not offered by some companys) set up for the night. Warm sleeping bags, comfy mattresses and hot lemon tea for a great nights sleep. They must have been one of the first to arrive as we had prime locations for camp both nights. The meals were fantastic always served with a smile. This is a very tough trek and if you are thinking about doing Rinjani you need to be prepared. It is the most challenging and rewarding experience we have ever had and if you decide to tackle this trek, I highly recommend Adi and his crew. They respect the mountain and it surrounds and (unlike some other companies) they carry all their rubbish out with them. After our 3d 2n hike we arrived back at the office to find that Adi had retrieved our lost luggage from the Airport and had a driver waiting to take us to the port where a boat he had organized took us to Gili Trewangan for a well earned break. Thank you Adi and his crew for offering us an experience we will never forget. There may be cheaper options out there but we are so glad we chose Adi Trekkers. ABOVE AND BEYOND.

Be warned there is rubbish everywhere and it is a shame as it spoils what is otherwise an enchanting part of the world.

1  Thank Wally4646
Reviewed August 8, 2016

My son and I had a really good experience with Adi Trekker. Before I contacted Adi trekker I had emailed two other agencies, one based in Senggigi the other in Mataram. They were quick in replying to my initial query, but did not reply to my subsequent questions about the trek. Adi was my last choice, and I thought we would have to just go to Lombok, and arrange for the trek once we're there. Normally this would have been alright, but because our trip was near the end of the Ramadan holy month, things were more complicated. Luckily Adi answered all my emails promptly and we had a fantastic 4D/3N summit trip with his agency.

Based on my experience, here are the reasons why I would recommend Adi trekker:
- We settled the payment when we got there, he did not ask for a deposit.
- His guide (Budin) and team of porters were excellent and fun to be with.
- Adi gave us an extra porter to carry my 9 kg pack, I guess it's because he's really keen for me to reach the summit.
- We paid for a group trek, but ended up doing private trek at no extra cost.
- His guide and porters took the rubbish back down with them.
- The sleeping mattress was nice and thick.
- He is based in Senaru therefore truly local. We stayed one night in Senaru and were transported to Sembalun in the morning for the hike.
- The pick up and drop off went smoothly. We left our luggage with him in Senaru and picked it up on the return trip.
- Our meals were always good and plenty, thanks to our cook Jul. On a long trek I always stay vegetarian (except for eggs), remember the porters do not carry fridges with them.

Not sure how Adi Trekker compares with other outfit, but I am happy to go with him again. I'd also recommend the Sembalun to Senaru trek rather than the other way around, it is shorter on the way up. It is a truly beautiful mountain worth the strenuous effort, pity about the rubbish. I wish we had more time in Senaru exploring the area. It's a very nice village.

Trip date: July 1, 2016

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

I had an amazing 3 day 2 night trek, climbing Mount Rinjani. Adi Trekker are a fabulous company, the top one on the Island. It is one of 4 that are environmentally responsible. It is also the only company that provides you with a mattress so thick you sleep like a baby!

The guides and porters are amazing. The food is all freshly cooked, and whilst you don't need half as much as they prepare for you, the standard of food is truly outstanding! You are provided with breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, fresh fruit, water, juice, every day. If I was at home climbing I think I'd be lucky to get a tracker bar!

Adi Trekker are probably more expensive but well worth it for the standard of hotel you stay in the night before, equipment quality, environmentally responsible, and experience of the guides.

I had a few problems at the start, none of which were at fault by Adi Trekker. I had to wait a day for other people which I was not happy about but Mr Adi did his best to sort it out and paid for my additional night at the hotel.

If you can ignore the rubbish, which is everywhere at the stop/resting points, Rinjani is truly and amazing place, cathartic, and outstandingly beautiful!!

Improvement: the Government need to step in and enforce all companies, like Adi, to take their rubbish back. Whilst Adi and the other 3 companies take rubbish back they really should also take all vegetable and fruit waste as this takes decades to be absorbed into the earth and is just as much rubbish as a plastic bag or bottle.

If you are thinking about this trip, it's not all to do with physical fitness but a test of your mind and motivation, your will to not give up. I am not at my fittest, a stone heavier than normal but my stubborn attitude got me to the summit, not my fitness!

Thoroughly recommend Rinjani and couldn't recommend Adi Trekker enough!!!

1  Thank 1978claired