“So much love for them! <3”
Review of Adi Trekker

Adi Trekker
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mount Rinjani Trekking, Hiking, Climbing, and Lombok Tour organizer company with more than 10 years experience. Adi Trekker have strong commitment to give you an excellent services with best experience team. You will provided with a professional tour guides, friendly and helpful local porters, and good quality of trekking accommodation.
Reviewed August 27, 2016

Adi Trekker was amazinggg! Had a friend who got sick and couldnt complete the summit climb. Adi himself came to the hospital the same night we descended to visit and look into the matter. The next day, he came again to pay us a visit and had his employee to stay with us all the way till she got discharged at about 4pm and proceeded to send us to our hotel at Sengigi. So much patience! That was after the climb. Lets talk about during the climb now... where do i even start? Haha.
Everything was good, instructions given were clear, very organised, the food was yummy, tents, comfy chairs to sit on during our lunch break time, sleeping bags to keep us warm and the many cups of hot drinks given to us at base camp. We had 2 guides, Sinar and Poan. Both were amazing. Throughout the climb guide Sinar stayed by a friend of mine who needed more time to climb up while guide Poan stayed by us. As mentioned by the other hikers, the hike up is not easy. But dont worry, you can rest at any time, do it at your own comfortable pace :)
Hike down was harder due to the slippery loose rocks & soil. Bring a hiking stick it helps alot. By the time we descended down my legs were already jelly haha! Thank god for our guide Poan who held my hand (princess behaviour i know aha) and helped me down step by step (literally). So much patience! And for my friend who got sick, she couldn't descend down so they had a porter to carry her down, piggyback. They are oh-so-ah-ma-zing. Look no further guys. Choose Adi! So much love for them! <3

2  Thank asywashy
in 3 reviews
"his team"
"challenging climb"
in 2 reviews
"recommended by a friend"

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Good service but we paid the price for that especially for the thick mattress. The food was ok but too much rice...(quantity was even too much for us). The owner of the company is a nice guy. Our guide was ok. With the porteurs, they were flexible to change plans for the location of breaks: we could decide to change plans.
For the lunches, we waited for a long time (3/4h around) to have our food.

4  Thank laetitia2A
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

I did the 2 day 1 night summit trip. From my first email from Australia to Mr Adi his answers were always prompt and told me all I needed. I was collected from Sengiggi where my wife and I were staying before the trek. All transport including transfer to Sengiigi, then Senaru to Sembalum and then return to Bangsal Harbour to go to Gili Air was very efficient. The food on the trek was excellent and plentiful. Our guide Basri was excellent, he was kind and a great cook for our group of 4. The trek itself is relatively easy to begin but after lunch it is very steep. Our tents on the crater rim were in good condition and the sleeping bags and mat were also good. We were blessed with lovely clear weather for our ascent to the top of Mt Rinjani. The views are awesome but in high season expect many climber, 200 plus. I found the descent tough on the legs but thoroughly with it for the excellent adventure. Special mention to Hamden who guided be back off the mountain. Thanks again Adi Trekker.

1  Thank geoffofulladulla
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

After sending out several emails to similar Trekking company's websites it was soon evident by the response as to the level of service we were going to get. Adi responded efficiently and accurately to all our enquiries. Despite us being late to depart the airport (as Lion Air sent our bags to Sarabuya) Adi's driver was patiently waiting and even came into the airport with me to try to help retrieve our luggage. He then drove us 2.5hrs to Adi's office. We weren't sure as to whether or not (due to our treking gear being lost) we could do the Trek. After discussing other options for the Trek, Adi arranged some hire clothing for us and reassured us that we would be fine. We stayed in basic accommodation for the night (cold water showers) before having breakfast and headed out to Sengigi in an old truck/ute. Without going into to much detail about the climb (as all company's seem to follow the same itinerary) I will focus on our amazing guide Pwayan?? Not sure of the spelling, and Ketut and ? our porters. Pwayan was with us all the way offering encouragement and support not sugarcoating distances and difficulty. Our porters were always ready for us at the stops preparing meals or having our camp, with little chairs,(not offered by some companys) set up for the night. Warm sleeping bags, comfy mattresses and hot lemon tea for a great nights sleep. They must have been one of the first to arrive as we had prime locations for camp both nights. The meals were fantastic always served with a smile. This is a very tough trek and if you are thinking about doing Rinjani you need to be prepared. It is the most challenging and rewarding experience we have ever had and if you decide to tackle this trek, I highly recommend Adi and his crew. They respect the mountain and it surrounds and (unlike some other companies) they carry all their rubbish out with them. After our 3d 2n hike we arrived back at the office to find that Adi had retrieved our lost luggage from the Airport and had a driver waiting to take us to the port where a boat he had organized took us to Gili Trewangan for a well earned break. Thank you Adi and his crew for offering us an experience we will never forget. There may be cheaper options out there but we are so glad we chose Adi Trekkers. ABOVE AND BEYOND.

Be warned there is rubbish everywhere and it is a shame as it spoils what is otherwise an enchanting part of the world.

1  Thank Wally4646
See more reviews
Reviewed August 8, 2016

My son and I had a really good experience with Adi Trekker. Before I contacted Adi trekker I had emailed two other agencies, one based in Senggigi the other in Mataram. They were quick in replying to my initial query, but did not reply to my subsequent questions about the trek. Adi was my last choice, and I thought we would have to just go to Lombok, and arrange for the trek once we're there. Normally this would have been alright, but because our trip was near the end of the Ramadan holy month, things were more complicated. Luckily Adi answered all my emails promptly and we had a fantastic 4D/3N summit trip with his agency.

Based on my experience, here are the reasons why I would recommend Adi trekker:
- We settled the payment when we got there, he did not ask for a deposit.
- His guide (Budin) and team of porters were excellent and fun to be with.
- Adi gave us an extra porter to carry my 9 kg pack, I guess it's because he's really keen for me to reach the summit.
- We paid for a group trek, but ended up doing private trek at no extra cost.
- His guide and porters took the rubbish back down with them.
- The sleeping mattress was nice and thick.
- He is based in Senaru therefore truly local. We stayed one night in Senaru and were transported to Sembalun in the morning for the hike.
- The pick up and drop off went smoothly. We left our luggage with him in Senaru and picked it up on the return trip.
- Our meals were always good and plenty, thanks to our cook Jul. On a long trek I always stay vegetarian (except for eggs), remember the porters do not carry fridges with them.

Not sure how Adi Trekker compares with other outfit, but I am happy to go with him again. I'd also recommend the Sembalun to Senaru trek rather than the other way around, it is shorter on the way up. It is a truly beautiful mountain worth the strenuous effort, pity about the rubbish. I wish we had more time in Senaru exploring the area. It's a very nice village.

Trip date: July 1, 2016