Booked a 4D3N trek with HaLoMi in Sep 17. Was brilliant and easy from the get go.
- Hanafi is really responsive and proficient in english
- Pick up from the airport was a plus
- Arrived early enough to do the waterfall trek (proper shoes is strongly advised) - interesting walk though lots of steps to climb so decide on it depending on whether you want to rest before the climb or you prefer a warm up
- Accomodation wasn't top notch but decent. Gets you a good night's rest. Breakfast was great!
- Took the Deluxe Package (highly recommended - having a tables and seats was nice)
- Guide was patient and proficient in english
- Guide updated progress frequently (and more importantly had a good sense of how far and how long more/ left)
- Food was amazing (we have chocolate banana fritters the night before the ascent, and we had popcorn one of the evenings as well - incredible for a hike)
- Still on food - you get an abundant amount of food a lot of effort goes in to food preparation
- Tents: Comfortable, comes with a thin foam mat and a pillow
- Sanitation: Porters prepare a toilet for you, 4 poles and cloth all round - 5 stars on the mountain really
- All in all, the porters were brilliant. Always ahead and would fix up water, hot drinks (ginger tea, coffee, lemon tea) at meal times
- Transfer back to accomodation was seamless (zero waiting time)
- Transfer to next destination was also a plus
Thanks Hanafi and co for the great experience!