Ways to Experience Rinjani Trekking Center
from $185.26
More Info
from $234.29
More Info
All reviews rinjani trekking amazing experience crater rim contact mr great adventure once in a lifetime my girlfriend via email rice the owner one night fruit putu communication scenery package company
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2019

We did a private tour with this company in June 2019 and had an amazing experience, not least thanks to our guide and the two porters who carried all the stuff to the camping area and back down again. Due to that the 2018 year’s earthquakes caused some really big damages on the volcano, the tour between Senaru and the camping area at the crater rim (2641 m) is the only one open, but we felt it was totally worth it anyway and the trek felt safe all the way.

The sleeping bags and the tents were in good condition, the food was good (traditional style), and at least the guide spoke good English and told us many interesting things about Rinjani and the surrounding, which made the hike really fun. He also confirmed that he considered this company to be a good one to work for, which we felt was good to hear and is really worth paying for.

The trek itself is physically though but if you are up for a challenge, this is one really worth doing. Fantastic views along the way and the camp area at the crater rim is just amazing. I definitely recommend it and will choose this company again if I’ll get back!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed July 3, 2019

We did the Rinjani trekking tour in June 2019, starting in Senaru and climbed to the Crater Rim Camp Area (2641 m) where we spent the night before climbing downhill again the next morning, and we had an amazing experience. As you may have read on other sites already, the horrible earthquakes last year really damaged the volcano trek and resulted in that the three day route that leads all the way to the summit is broken, but we hardly didn’t recognise anything of those damages along the tour we did (except some fallen trees and some signs along the way that pointed out the correct direction for us). Overall, the trek felt very safe and organised.

We did a private tour with a guide and two porters from the company Rinjani Trekking Center and they were very supportive throughout the whole tour. According to them, the number of tourists visiting Rinjani was about 50 the day we were there, compared to about 1000 a day last year. Although it is a sad fact that the earthquakes got such a negative effect on the tourism business, it made the tour very peaceful for us and the camping area was absolutely amazing (without being crowded at all).

We definitely recommend you to do the Rinjani trek if you are up for a challenge - the trekking is physically tough but the experience was tremendous! Enjoy!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

The trip itself was an incredible experience and journey - it was challenging, rewarding, and completely perspective changing. Thanks to our guide, Josi, my friend and I had the best possible experience. Josi was always making sure we were having fun, and had access to the best locations for camping, but also ensured that we were safe and feeling comfortable. Our porters, Misawal and Abil, were also incredible. They carried EVERYTHING from tents, to food, to water, to additional bags for us, and also cooked every meal. The food was top notch and always exactly when we needed it. I would certainly recommend this company to anyone looking to conquer Rinjani, and even would suggest to request Josi and his team, as they were the BEST.

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank ctmiller51491
Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

We had an amazing time doing this hike as a group of 20 colleagues.
Putu and his team of guides and porters took extreme care of us and make our hike and stay in camps at Carter as comfortable as possible.

Any business likes this needs a human touch element and Putu has it all and was very flexible with our requests wether to arrange a camp fire on mountain, arranging a different transport for couple of guys who left early and dropping us to airport the other day . I also can’t thank enough to help one of my colleague who had minor collapse while hiking, helped him carry it back to village and made sure he was well looked after. I recommend Rinjani Hiking Centre without doubt.

2  Thank montu1402
Reviewed August 1, 2018

I did the 3days/2nights Rinjani trek with Josi as my guide and Udin as the porter! My experience with Rinjani Trekking center was very good- they replied my messages upfront quickly and correctly and the whole organization was very smooth. They even sent me a message upfront to let me know the card would be one hour later to pick me up the day before!!
Josi is an experienced hiker and will take good care of you!! Also his English is very good! Udin prepared really good meals for me- I was not expecting such good food on a trekking tour! The tent, sleeping mat and sleeping bag very in very good conditions!
All in all, I am very happy I chose Rinjani Trekking Center and want to thank Josi and Udin again for helping me achieve this great trek! Terima kasih:)

Date of experience: July 2018