Ways to Experience Rinjani Trekking Center
from $185.26
More Info
from $234.29
More Info
All reviews rinjani trekking amazing experience crater rim contact mr great adventure once in a lifetime my girlfriend via email rice the owner one night fruit putu communication scenery package company
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

All in one was great. Organizing from Germany was great. The whole staff was very friendly! Porters made awesome food for us and carried food and camping stuff. Our guide wasn’t the best one. First day he was with us all the time.The 2day going up to the summit was really hard on the volcano ground(2steps forward, one back) and he didn’t assist or motivated us(was somewhere in front, waited till we came and then said go and he slept and then he came again)we went all up the mountain by our self. My husband was fine, he was assisting me. My muscles were still able to make it but my head wanted to go back. At the end we made it to the summit on time for sunrise all by ourself.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

I got myself booked with Rinjani Trekkers . Landed in senaru village where I was shocked to stay in this homestay which was filthy and noisy. Hardly had enough sleep. The move to sembalun the next day was delayed and despite paying extra for a Porter and guide to myself it was haphazardly planned . Guide given to me was not properly trained. Lunch was served late in Pos 2 and campsite set late plus dinner was even late. Next day walk to summit was like 245 am when most of them were already hiking up the summit. Overall bad service by this trekkers under sobah . If you are a solo traveller RinjAni trekker is a very bad choice

Date of experience: April 2018
6  Thank 653sofiah
Reviewed November 23, 2017

I booked my trip through Ike's Hostel in Kuta Beach through a guy they put me onto. This guy is a crook and I hope he goes out of business. I repeatedly asked not to book with Rinjani Tropis due to the bad reviews and they assured me it was called 'Rinjani Trekking Company'.... however has soon as I arrived I saw the palm tree logo on their shirts and new I made an almost fatal mistake. Please double check the name. I was overcharged and ripped off at every turn and was told I would be given hiking equipment in the form of a jacket, pants, gloves and headtorch which I paid rental for. I was given I broken jacket and a headtorch with flat batteries.... nothing else. I did the whole hike in shorts. The staff with Rinjani Tropis were very nice and the porters were fantastic but I hate the fact that their disgraceful boss and his cronies are making money off this operation. Food was good and plentiful but there were so many other groups with a much better set up and in most cases a cheaper price. The hike itself..... so amazing but as everyone says, incredibly hard, 2 steps forward, 1 step back!

Date of experience: November 2017
3  Thank Jono J
Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

I’m not really a mountain girl but I did it. The path was clear and it was easy at the beginning but after third base the climb was so high and hard. It was rocky and piked and sandy and slippery. So you have to prepare yourself. But believe me, the view was worth it.

I started at 8 in the morning and reached the first camp at around 5 or 6, just in time for sunset. After building my tent I slept and woke up to see the sunrise. I back in the next day, and just needed 6 hours to reach the Senaru gate. It would be better if you have another day so you can go to Segara Anak and hot spring in the morning, continue to the top, spend another night in tent and go back the day after.

If you do it like me, it would be really exhausting. I couldn’t move my feet after.

If you have extra money you can rent porter and guide so they bring all your things. I didn’t do it, me and my bf rent tent, sleeping bag and everything, and brought it by ourselves. You’ll need around 1 million rupiah or maybe more per person to rent porter and guide and stuff.

If you go by yourself, make sure that you have enough drink and food. There was almost no water to refill my drink, because I was there in dry season. Three big bottles of mineral water for two people were not enough for me, we needed one more.

Good luck!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

We went for a 3 day trip with Rinjani trekking centre.
Overall very good company. They organized also transport to Lombok from Bali.
The food was excellent and equipment good. The hike is manageable and much easier with trekking poles. Take lots of jackets with you.
We had a good guide and the porters did a very good job.
There is a lot of litter near the paths and campsite. This is not a specific problem of rinjani trekking centre. But we think that the trekking companies together and park service have to do more to solve this issue.

Greetings