“mja”

Osprey Guide Services - Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The trip is a river tour departing from the historic Izaak Walton Lodge, down the Withlacoochee River to the Gulf of Mexico returning by a small tributary making it a seven mile loop. Flora, fauna will be identified along with the history of the area. The scenery is all wilderness, the way Florida was in the past. We will also share photographs dating back to the 1800's of the largest phosphate shipping operation on the west coast of Florida during that time. You will enjoy all of this while riding in our clean, comfortable covered boats with US Coast Guard certified Captains. Reservations highly recommended.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
newberry, fl
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“mja”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you are into laidback nature tours, this as good as it gets. A comfortable slow moving stable boat, beautiful suroundings and a captain (Adair) with a comprhensive knowledge of the area makes for great way to spend a couple of hours. I am mobile with power chair and the friends that I was with used cains to get around, and even this was no problem with the setup they have. Capt. Rick Lefiles has an excellent operation for all kinds of situations. Well worth checking out. I also shot over 300 pictures and had trouble deleting even one.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank ma483
Rick L, Owner at Osprey Guide Services - Tours, responded to this review, November 18, 2015
Thank you for your review. Nice to know your had a great time and that Capt. Adair has another satisfied customer.

Beatrice, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Boat tour”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It was a wonderful tour. The boat was easy to enter and leave envenwhen you need to use a cain. Captain Adair gave us alot of information about the region. It was worth every minute.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank LoisT6
Thank you for your review. Capt. Adair always makes sure passengers are safe and comfortable.

Jacksonville, Fl
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Excellent trip”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a wonderful guide that gave us information on the rich history of the area and the wildlife. The water was high and that keeps the gators deeper in the grass, but there were plenty of birds and other sights to see. Ospreys, and even a bald eagle were spotted. The tour leaves from the dock in front of Ike's Old Florida Kitchen...a word to the Coast Guard in the area, please take a moment to learn that the tour boats leave from there when someone from out of the area ask where an eco cruise boards.

The price is reasonable and make sure you bring your camera.

2 Thank BJMURFY
Thanks for your review and for updating our local Coast Guard Station. Glad you had a good time all around.

Virginia
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“The Lowlight of My Vacation”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I am sure that the Ecotour would have been wonderful. Unfortunately, it never happened. I made reservations via email and understood and consented to paying the minimum cost of two people that was required if no one else reserved a spot. Sunday, Mr. LeFiles met me at Ike's Restaurant (which is wonderful, by the way) and he had to cancel because of the weather. No problem. I rescheduled with him for Wednesday. He called back to check with me about the time and day and mentioned he had written my reservation under the following Wed. but said nothing about not doing it. I showed up Wed. and waited. Finally, I called and he said he called at 5 pm the previous day and would not be going out--no other explanation. Mind you, this was Spring Break so even if I had gotten a call from him, that wasn't giving me much notice to schedule something else, but at least I wouldn't have gone there and wasted my time. As it stands, I still have not received the message from the call he placed. Mr. LeFiles seemed like a nice enough man but the nicest thing I can say about his behavior is that it was very flaky. He is a representative of the tourist industry and was not very considerate to this tourist.

1 Thank BarbaraBetty
Rick L, Owner at Osprey Guide Services - Tours, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
After being in business for seventeen months and with over two thousand satisfied customers, I have recieved my first complaint. I regret this happened, but did try to avoid the situation by leaving a cell phone message seventeen hours prior to your scheduled trip. I'm sure we could have made other arraingments to your satifisation. Again I apologize if this caused a problem. Please accept my offer of a free trip for you and a guest if you are in the area again.

Macon, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A real Florida experience”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Beautiful, lazy, Eco Tour of Florida backwater. !.5 hour trip on the Withlacoocee River. Comfortable boat, knowledgable guide (Capt.Rick) at a very reasonable price. Lots of wildlife and a Florida landscape that only the locals know. This is not the tourist scene that is reproduced over and over. Off the beaten path and worth every moment.

1 Thank Gritscraft
Thanks for telling it like it is. Hope to see you again.