“Wow...what a find!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Yalaha
Cuisines: European, German, Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Genuine German Breads & Old World Tortes and PastriesAt Yalaha Bakery, bread is recognized as an ancient form of wholesome sustenance, the 'Staff of Life,' and most of all, an incredibly delicious and vital part of one’s diet. Our healthy, hearty breads are free from preservatives, chemical additives, fat and cholesterol, which makes them a perfect part of a wholesome, nutritional diet.Our customers appreciate the taste, aroma and texture of our spectacular breads. Yalaha Bakery breads are handcrafted by skilled bakers and baked to perfection in European stone-slab ovens. Our discriminating patrons treasure good health, so they value our breads. Our staff takes great personal delight in serving you and is proud to offer our exquisite array of breads and confections.Please, explore our site to learn more about our old world German breads and European cakes and pastries.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I literally stumbled upon this place in the middle of nowhere on my way to a meeting (I live almost 50 miles away). I noticed the really cute building as I was driving along the quiet street - it stuck out like a sore thumb (in a good way), so I actually made a u-turn to come back and check it out. And I was SO glad I did!! It's adorable, incredibly friendly and knowledgeable service from the female clerk, and what I bought was outrageously delicious! I bought two giant macaroons (one was coconut & pistachio and the other cream cheese, I think) and the pretzel cheese bread - amazing! It was a little pricey but worth it ($2.50+ for each macaroon but I'd pay it again). I don't know if I'll be back to this location, because as I said it's really in the middle of nowhere, but it's certainly memorable and worth a diversion if I ever find myself remotely close. I was told they have a location in downtown Orlando (closer to where I live), so that I will definitely check out!

2  Thank KingTheWanderlust

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Bratwurst, German potato salad, pretzel rolls, sauerkraut, German beer....oh and if you have room pastry, cookies, take home bread.

3  Thank travel4uflorida
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Excellent bakery. Having lived in Germany for some years, it is the closest I have come to getting authentic German baked goods, brochen (hard rolls), black bread, tarts, apple pie, and in season, stollen with marzipan and lebkuchen. The deli is pretty good although it does not stay as fully stocked during the week in the off-season (summer), On weekends they have music outside where it is quite pleasant to drink beer, eat bratwurst, kraut, and kartoffelsalat.(German potato salad)

2  Thank DRJLF
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The wife and I were driving to Tampa from Orlando and took the back roads for the scenic view. We passed a sign that said Okahumpka 6 Miles. That name, Okahumpka stuck in my wifes head and the following weekend she wanted to see what the heck is in Okahumpka. So we got in the car and headed that way. As we went down the road to go to Okahumpka we came across Yalaha and the Yalaha Bakery. Now this is almost the middle of nowhere and we see this bakery with it's parking lot filled with cars...so I have to stop and see. This is the most interesting bakery I have been to. One side is the bakery where everything is produced onsite and another side is a small deli, again, where everything, is produced onsite. The baked goods are fantastic, I try something new each time and I am never disappointed. We typically get some kind of pastry, I love the apple streusel, and coffee and have a seat outdoors on the patio. On weekends they have live music in the early part of the day and during milder days they will also be serving food outdoors. The only thing about the bakery that bothers me is the cyclists. as the weather get milder the cyclists overrun the place and have terrible manners acting as if they are the lords. In order to avoid them we go later, in the early part of the afternoon...they've all moved on by then.

2  Thank Scott B
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stumbled across the Yalaha Bakery completely by accident. One of those serendipitous moments when you're taking a drive just to get lost and there it is. Stopping on our second pass by we found a charming German style bakery in the rural beauty of Central Florida, about 45 minutes from the Orlando theme park area.

The grounds are lovely, a large building surrounded by grassy yard, trees, and across the way, a farm stand many guests walk to in-season. There is a large patio area to enjoy your food, and apparently set up to house events with an outside serving building.

Inside you can see through the shopping area, over the counters filled with amazing looking pastries and baked goods, into the kitchen. The wall is lined with freshly baked breads so big you'll never look at the store breads the same again. There are so many choices to make from the cases, some are repeats, others popping up new each visit.

What you'll soon discover, after you've tried your first visit's choices, is a desire to visit again and again, trying something new and probably something favorite each time!

There is a German deli at the side of the main room, in another area, offering a range of German meats and salads. On our first visit we tried it, but that day found the staff to be more interested in their own conversation. Our eventual meal was less than thrilling and we likely will not try it again.

But the bakery we have returned to again and again, telling friends, and enjoying a special treat. Its that kind of place you always find a reason to go back to: job well done, bad day, sunny day, whatever you need to allow you to indulge! We have many favorites and most everything we've tried we've loved... but if you don't like something... just come back again and try some more!

2  Thank RoriTravel