“What a find in the middle of nowhere”
Review of Yalaha Bakery

Yalaha Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Yalaha
Cuisines: European, German, Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Genuine German Breads & Old World Tortes and PastriesAt Yalaha Bakery, bread is recognized as an ancient form of wholesome sustenance, the 'Staff of Life,' and most of all, an incredibly delicious and vital part of one’s diet. Our healthy, hearty breads are free from preservatives, chemical additives, fat and cholesterol, which makes them a perfect part of a wholesome, nutritional diet.Our customers appreciate the taste, aroma and texture of our spectacular breads. Yalaha Bakery breads are handcrafted by skilled bakers and baked to perfection in European stone-slab ovens. Our discriminating patrons treasure good health, so they value our breads. Our staff takes great personal delight in serving you and is proud to offer our exquisite array of breads and confections.Please, explore our site to learn more about our old world German breads and European cakes and pastries.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Went back again to see what else was doing. Same stuff. Delicious sandwiches, and those amazing pastries.

The problem is waiting in line, especially for the sandwiches. Need more help in that area.

There is small seating inside, and it was such a hot day, that we appreciated it. Outside it is like a beer garden atmosphere, many tables and a special area that is sometimes open that serves bratwurst and beer.

It is the most unique place I've seen in Florida.

2  Thank lwartow

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The bakery is owned by a couple of German descent. It operates 24 hours a day. During the night they make several varieties of German bread and during the day pastries. They do not use preservatives. They also have a deli where they make sandwiches to your order. I bought a loaf of cinnamon-raisin bread for $5.95. I had a choice of getting the loaf whole or sliced. I asked to them to slice it. I know the loaf looked big on the shelf. I measured a slice - it is 4-1/2" x 5-1/4". About an inch shows over the top when I put it in my toaster. I also had a turkey and ham sandwich. It was quite thick and served with 3 varieties of lettuce, tomatoes and a dill pickle spear - all for about $7. It is about 45 miles from where I live, but I will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Walt1930
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by here on a Sunday morning, the staff was extremely friendly and the pastries were absolutely fantastic. We bought some pretzels, struedel, and cake.

They were one of a kind...you must stop to try!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Okay, I live down the street from this place, and I love it! However, there is a tour bus that brings about 100 or so senior citizens a couple of times a day. This place is not that big. So, either go early in the morning (which I recommend because they run out of things), or go late in the afternoon. My favorite things there are the apple strussle, the cranberry walnut bread, and the pretzels. They have a deli for sandwiches, they are kinda slow, but so yummy. On the weekends they have live music and hundreds of bikers come and hang out.
Also, there is a farmers market about 50 yards away that you can pick blueberries in the summer, pumpkins in the fall, and they make home made pies. YUM! They sell Amish butter that is to die for.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Some of the best bread we have ever had! Desserts we to die for! Thank you Teresa for this tip! Bread pudding that rivals New Orleans.