“Thai Basil Positive Experience”

Thai Basil Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have eaten at Thai Basil several times and the experience has always been positive. The food was always very good. There is usually a line to get in, but the service is not rushed. You'll enjoy the friendly service and ambiance. I would definitely go back.

2  Thank Donna H

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Cute little place perfect for lunch with friends. Food is always fresh and consistently tasty! I've tried Thai in many other cities, but this is my favorite. The panang is my fave. I like that they don't overwhelm the dishes w fish sauce taste. And their pad Thai has just the tad bit amount of sweetness. We are hooked on the fried tofu with the peanut dipping sauce. The soups are light and fresh. Just the right quantities to stay trim like the cute hostesses!!!

2  Thank Fam-friendly-Travel
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Not really, we're sober, but the food at well established Thai Basil is consistently very good. Great menu, excellent service and very tasty Thai food offerings in a cozy space with good far eastern décor and ambience. Parking is a little tight, as there are limited spaces, and several surrounding food stops that compete for the spaces. Crazy red curry is a reliable favorite. Many, many other good choices, including delicious duck dishes, soups, seafood, vegetarian, and, of course, delicious noodle dishes. Spiciness can be built into your dish at your requested level of heat tolerance, or added individually at the table via the portable "spice tray". Sticky rice makes a delicious desert, infused with coconut and nice and gummy in consistency. They also do a vigorous take out business in the local community.

2  Thank Lawrence K
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been there many times for lunch and once for dinner and it has never disappointed! Fantastic Thai food!

2  Thank SKCDALL
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I ate at Thai Basil on Feb 27, 2014. It was really an unpleasant experience. I had eaten there last year with 3 friends and we were all very happy with out food and the service. I wonder if it is under new management. The servers (with one exception - a young man) were very unhelpful and all seemed to be in a bad mood! I ordered an eggplant dish (hot) and it was nearly tasteless. It also had chicken in it which I did not ask for. No one ever came by our table to see if our food was good or to ask why I had not eaten my meal. When I asked why there was chicken in my meal, I was told that there is a choice of beef, chicken, shrimp or tofu so the kitchen must have defaulted to chicken! I don't care for chicken and couldn't believe they would not have asked. She then brought our check and had included my meal in the total. I had to go to the front and ask that it be taken off since I had not eaten it. I won't be going back It was not good food and they were so very unfriendly!