“I know, it's just Carrabba's...but this has to have the best staff & management!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carrabba's Italian Grill

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We eat out every meal, so we are accustomed to the normal fare and typical, and often expected, decent service at restaurants as we know many of the staff. This Carraba's has always exceeded any expectations though! The wait staff are always extremely personable and accommodating. The manager stopped by tonight and chatted for no reason and was also incredibly nice, polite and charming. He also recommended what turned out to be a wonderful dessert. It's just Carraba's, I know, but this Carraba's is more. They truly are like someone inviting you into their home and you feel that sense from the moment that you are seated. Thanks for another wonderful meal and for such great service as well as the tasty dessert. We would recommend this location time and time again!!

Visited May 2014

Florida
“This restaurant chain better than most...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Since this restaurant is in my neighborhood, I eat here somewhat frequently. It’s not for any special occasions, but it’s quick and easy, for either dine-in or take-out. The food is good, it has a full bar, and the place is comfortable. As restaurant chains go, I think this one is better than most. My one complaint is that they never brought back the eggplant parmigiana they removed from the menu some years ago. At the time, it was the best eggplant parmigiana in central Florida. Some manager promised he’d get it back, but never did. Sometimes menu changes can backfire, and Carrabba’s seems to make a lot of them.

• Visited February 2014
Orlando, Florida
“It has been a while, but really like the changes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Three of us go out for dinners to a few different restaurants, Carrabba's is one of them. The changes made to the restaurant floor really work and open the room. Tables used to be right on top of each other, now there is a little more room to walk around. The center tables have low back chairs (typical restaurant chairs). The tables around the room have banquette seating with a cushioned bench on the one side and HIGH back chairs opposite. This is where we sat. I like to critique people while eating out: Servers on their abilities and qualities and Guests on how the behave and talk to the servers. Our table made this difficult but helped our conversation at out table. Our server was well versed on the menu and made suggestions while we ordered. Carrabba's is running a special at the time: three courses for either $15 or $18 depending on the entree. You get your choice of a number of different appetizers or desserts, then soup or salad, and then you choose your entree. Two of us ordered appetizers: Shrimp Diablo and risotto and fennel sausage balls that were breaded and fried served with a marinara. Both were really good. With a name like Shrimp Diablo I sort of expected VERY spicy, even the description used 'crushed red pepper flakes' and 'pepperichini.' I enjoy spicy foods and one of us can't take it. I thought it had good flavor and he liked it as well. We also liked the fried risotto balls. The fennel might have been a little strong for some. As far as the salads go what can you say?!?! Two Caesars and one House, but we did ask for more anchovies on the Caesar salads (and got them no extra charge). Entrees were VERY good: two Braised Beef Short Ribs on Risotto and one Lobster Mac and Cheese. The beef was fork tender (as it should be) and the risotto was cooked just right: not under-cooked and hard and not over-cooked gummy. As a server served the lobster mac and cheese, she made the comment that this is her favorite. Another server replace our drinks (sodas) with fresh ones and did NOT auction them: here is a fresh sprite for you, and a fresh diet coke for you, and a sweet tea for you, each placed in front of the correct individual. I was impressed on that! The one dessert that was ordered was the Dessert Rosa. I'm not a sweet or dessert kind of guy but I did try it. It was not overly sweet but my friends were fighting with their forks to get the last little bits. I was treated to dinner so I am not sure of the servers name, but she and her team were AWESOME!

I really haven't been to other Carrabba's but this seems to be the place new hires SHOULD go to learn the ways. On a previous visit I tried 'this' plate. When it arrived I thought it could have been hotter as did one of my friends. I was eating it (as was he) when the server told us our meals were comped. Not what I wanted nor expected, but appreciated.

This place really has TOP-NOTCH servers: KUDOS TO ALL!!!!!

• Visited February 2014
Winter Springs, Florida
“Fresh Ingredients + skilled chef's= Great tasting dishes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Carrabba's is our favorite Italian Chain Restaurant besides Maggiano's! We always have great food and service in this Winter Springs/Oviedo location. My husband loves the Steak with the Marsala sauce.

• Visited December 2013
Orlando, Florida
“I often dine with clients at this restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Yesterday, clients joined me for dinner. As usual, menu choices were very good. I had penne pasta with meat sauce, others had the crab cakes, appetizer platter and another entrée which I don't remember now what it was. Service was excellent. Carrabbas restaurants seem to be consistent in quality no matter what may be their location.

• Visited November 2013