“Terrif for sushi and "show"”

Hokkaido Sushi and Teppan
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went to Hokkaido on Sat night. Daughter and son-in-law go nearly every week for sushi, but I have only sat at Hibachi table before. They are very familiar with sushi, and as my husband had been in Japan in service he was too. So we did a combination of both. Sat at hibachi table, and daughter and I had dinner special while they ordered sushi. Of course table was fun, but when the sushi came, I tried some of that, too. Volcano roll was my favorite. They also ordered the Candy Cane roll and one other. Found I really liked it, and will try it again. Was very fresh and tasty. Sort of a small place, but friendly and clean. Close to home for a great meal. Table top cooking is a lot of food for the price, and of course, the "show",

Reviewed July 1, 2012

When I'm just in the mood for sushi, I get seated in the small, quiet table area. When I'm here with a larger group, we sit at the hibachi table, entertained by a fun chef with very sharp knives and a very silly sake dispenser. :)

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband, son and I all love this place. You get AMPLE food and entertainment. The pricing is reasonable as well. The only issue is that sometimes, like Friday nights, you might have to wait for a cook top!

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Let me start off by saying that my husband and I are "sushi fanatics" and appreciate good food and quite ambiance, we really don't like flashy, loud music places. So, with that in mind we really appreciate this place for there calm pace, quality sushi and most of all there great happy hour prices. $3 sushi rolls, with great sashimi prices too, $1 for most... A little more for the more expensive fish. The two-for-one drinks are not a bad deal either. My husband and I have probably eaten here over 30 times... You cant beat the price! We have never felt like the fish was poor quality, and for the most part the wait staff is present and enthusiastic. We tend to go earlier, 4-5PM time frame, it is quiter and we enjoy speaking with the owner. 100% recomend.

1  Thank LiveLaughLove08
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This is a small Japanese Sushi and Teppan restaurant. The sushi is good, and they have a great "happy hour" pricing. The Tepan restaurant is very nice, usually not a long wait, and interesting chefs. While the food is not perfect, it is very good, especially for the price. Definitely worth the visit!