“Wonderful surprise!!! Unique, fresh and delicious sushi!”
Review of Tatame Tea and Sake Lounge - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tatame Tea and Sake Lounge
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful surprise!!! Unique, fresh and delicious sushi!”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My husband and I had bought a web deal for this restaurant. After the purchase I looked up reviews on a couple of sites and became very leery due to the poor to average reviews. We went on a Thurs evening and it was just us, the waitress, and the sushi chef. We almost left, but decided to give it a try since we were there.
What a wonderful surprise!!!!!
We ordered three rolls. Sexy Salmon Roll - wonderfully smoky and soooooo fresh. Made with king crab and smoked salmon. DLX Futomaki-tuna, salmon, eel and white fish...so yummy and DLx Spicy Tuna made with spicy tuna and tempura flake....very fresh and with a wonderful crisp texture. We couldn't decide on a favorite other than the one we tasted last. Some sushi restaurants have the same "basic" flavor profile across all their dishes, the wonderful thing was that each roll was distinctive and unique. The prices are very reasonable, especially considering the quality ranging from $8 to $14 per roll. There was also a happy hour with specials for bento boxes etc.
The waitress was very nice and professional, attentive but not overwhelming.
I don't know what has happened here since the poor reviews, but I hope people give it another try.....I can't wait to go again!

• Visited January 2012

florida
“Delish, Ron is an artist! we had a great time.”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

the sushi is awesome, fresh and Ron is very picky. such a nice variety of rolls and sashimi. the music and atmosphere are great. prices are fair and affordable. this was our 3rd time.

• Visited October 2011
Aurora, Colorado
“Food good, bubble tea not”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Sushi was tasty and creative. Bubble tea was watery, on the rocks (not blended), watered down and in a cheap plastic cup. Waitress was efficient. Not a good value. Room very dark and difficult to read menu.

Winter Springs Florida
“Service has gone downhill since change in ownership”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I had been going to tatame for about 5 years, and I had some family in town and figured I would take them to my favorite sake place. A few years ago, a girl named Maggie started this business, since then its changed ownership twice i t think and its been down hill ever since. There used to be a few people available to wait tables, You could choose from a traditional floor style Japanese table on the floor, a bar stool at the 2 bar counters they have or a couch with a coffee table type setting. The layout is still the same but now they only have one girl working who is extremely frustrated and unfriendly. The music is obnoxiously loud, so you can not hear the person next to you, and the sake prices have gone up, and the size of the sake containers have decreased in size. They used to offer Flavored nigori sake (unfiltered) in a variety of flavors...(all they did was add flavoring to the nigori) now they will not do that, you have to choose to get the cheap sake flavored (in the smaller containers) or get the nigori straight. We spent 95 dollars on a party of 3 for 2 rolls of sushi and not even a bottle of sake, and were pretty much scoffed at the entire time by our waitress. I am a great tipper therefore would not lower my standards of giving, but I will never return to tatame because of the hiked prices and the rude service we received. This used to be one of my favorite places and I really hope that somehow it turns around, but I wont be spending my money or bringing any of my friends and family there again until it does. :(

• Visited May 2011
Boca Raton, FL
“Nightime FUN!”
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Apparently this place is open during the day. I never experienced it then, I'm sure it is lovely but at night is when it's the place to be. Tatame quickly became a popular spot thanks to all of the amazing flavored saki. Every night has a theme and something different going on. Great place to hang out with friends and enjoy something other than the Orlando downtown scene. Warning though ... your bar tab can get very large very quickly! Try the saki slushees ..... they will keep you coming back for more!