“My friend's wife's first time eating Turkish cuisine and she loved it!”

Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 347 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morse
Transit: The Lynx bus system has multiple stops along Park Avenue, Fairbanks, and Morse.
Description: Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is a family owned business, established in 2005, that offers variety of authentic Turkish food from many regions of Turkey. Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine adapted its name from one of the oldest cities in the world, Istanbul, which was once known as the Constantinople in the early 13th century. The name “Bosphorous” taken from the strait that lies in the center of Istanbul connecting the Black Sea and the Sea of Marmara, Europe to Asia. The decor of this eatery is kept to minimum to draw the attention to the food. The intent was to create a modernized, warm authentic atmosphere by taking the old elements of Istanbul and combining it with some modern influences to create a truly unique experience.
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

At the end of a great day in Winter Park re-connecting with friends, we stopped in at Bosphorus for dinner. My wife and I love Turkish food, and my friend and his wife had been wanting to try the restaurant.

We had a very nice dinner, starting with an appetizer sampler that we all shared. Then we each ordered separate entrees. I had a lamb dish that was quite good.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have never been disappointed with the quality and flavor of the food. 4 of dined here during Mem Weekend and had a blast!!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Enjoying Park Avenue in Winter Park, Florida, we were enticed by a lovely hostess providing samples on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant to have a late lunch/early dinner. Located in Winter Park for 10 years, the restaurant provides authentic Turkish food on the sidewalk or within the restaurant. We enjoyed a luncheon special of Chicken Adana served with rice, an assortment of vegetables, and which also included a salad and dessert for a very reasonable price. Posted on a chalk board, the lunch specials run from 11 am to 4 pm. The service was very good, the portions were generous, and the food was delicious. A pleasant discovery in a lovely community, that we'll return too.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We decided to have our lunch outside since it was a wonderful afternoon. I had the Turkish Peach Martini (yum) and my friend had a Turkish beer, Efes Pilsen, which he really enjoyed. We shared a Lavas Bread, which is a big, puffy, heavenly hollow bread, and Tarama, a wonderful combination of red caviar, oil, and lemon juice to start, great stuff! I had the Grilled Lamb Adana Kebap for my entree, my friend had the Ground lamb and veal patties (Lamb Kofte), both were very good. We ordered way too much food, but took all the leftovers home. Our waiter was efficient, and very helpful offering suggestions. Had a great time, would definitely go again!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Bosphorous is one of my absolute favorite restaurants in Florida. It consistently delivers great meals. The lavas is awesome! I love it with the esme and hummus. I also love the chicken kabobs and the accompanying cabbage, beets, carrots, rice. Remember to ask for a grilled jalapeno. While the food is consistently delicious, the service is not consistent. Sometimes we get a great server; other times a terrible one. (Perhaps they're students at nearby Rollins?) I have to wonder about the management and the training when service is as inconsistent as it is at this place. However, I would not hesitate to recommend it, and I will definitely return. The food is worth it!

1  Thank DCAviator