“Very Good Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine

Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 329 Restaurants in Winter Park
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morse
Transit: The Lynx bus system has multiple stops along Park Avenue, Fairbanks, and Morse.
Description: Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is a family owned business, established in 2005, that offers variety of authentic Turkish food from many regions of Turkey. Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine adapted its name from one of the oldest cities in the world, Istanbul, which was once known as the Constantinople in the early 13th century. The name “Bosphorous” taken from the strait that lies in the center of Istanbul connecting the Black Sea and the Sea of Marmara, Europe to Asia. The decor of this eatery is kept to minimum to draw the attention to the food. The intent was to create a modernized, warm authentic atmosphere by taking the old elements of Istanbul and combining it with some modern influences to create a truly unique experience.
Orlando, Florida
“Very Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

The lamb kebab platters are too die for. I'm Greek and if I want to go have good lamb, I go to Bosphorous. You get a lot of very good food. I've also done the sharing plates which are of good quality too.

Traditional Turkish dessert is a must. One minor "warning" is that they don't really know how to make Turkish coffee right, so I would say skip the coffee there and go somewhere else in Winter Park for an espresso or cappuccino.

• Visited August 2013

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
“Be careful they have two locations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

They have two location which I did not know and when I got the number from 411and was connected, apparently I was connected to the one near International drive, but I had wanted to make reservations at the Winter Park location. They need to probably answer the phone and include the location so you can easily understand which location you are calling. After arriving at the WP location and not having a reservation, but they were able to arrange a table in about 30 minutes which was great. I waited at the bar and was happy. Overall the food was good and the service was good. I will visit again.

Visited January 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Simply delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

The first time I ate at Bosphorous I loved it so much that I made sure to revisit on a subsequent trip to Orlando (technically Winter Park). It was a weekday night so the restaurant was not crowded, and although we were seated quickly it took a few moments longer than expected to have our order taken. Nonetheless, Amanda (our waitress) was very good and took good care of us. We started with cold (Haydari, which is yogart with walnuts, dill, and mint) and hot (Sigara Boregi, which is crispy filo dough stuffed with feta cheese, parsley, and dill) appetizers. The lavas is a must every time (basically its a big hollow bread that goes perfectly with the appetizers) as it is fantastic; careful when you deflate it though as steam will be released. The appetizers were wonderful. For the entree, my friends shared the mixed grill platter, which consisted of doner kebab, chicken adana kebab, lamb adana kebab, lamb sis kebab, chicken sis kebab, and kofte kebab). This is a superb plate and would have easily been sufficient for the three of us. However, I also ordered the chicken adana kebab, which was seasoned with fresh garlic, light hot peppers, red bell peppers, parsley, and paprika perfectly grilled. Both entrees were served with fresh steamed rice and a vegetable medley of red cabbage, carrots, and red onions. Simply delicious! We had so much food left over that it made for a tasty and perfectly proportioned lunch the next day. This second visit to Bosphorous has confirmed my appreciation for Turkish cuisine and has solidified it as my favorite place to eat at in Winter Park. I am already looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited November 2013
Topsham, Maine
“Would gladly return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I spent years in the restaurant business and I know a well run place when I eat in it. It is a joy to see how this restaurant staff flows ebb and tide to service all the customers so completely. But for those non restaurant folk out there, just go for the food. My wife and I both had lamb (one shank and one kebabs from tenderloin). Just done perfectly. I forget the name of the "puffed up" bread that kept coming out of the kitchen but as soon as you see it you'll have to order some yourself ... and not be disappointed. I love wine and was quite happy with the wine list.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Delicious chicken and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

The weather was great so we got a table outside. A waitress was giving out samples of the Chicken Adana, I tried it, and loved it, so I ordered it. We have been to Boshporus before and we always order the big, hot bread (forget what it's called) and hummus to start. Always tasty.

My chicken Adana meal was great- there was nothing left on the plate. It was very fresh and full of flavor. The servers were good and the manager was very nice, too.

• Visited January 2014