“Be careful they have two locations”

Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 342 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morse
Transit: The Lynx bus system has multiple stops along Park Avenue, Fairbanks, and Morse.
Description: Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is a family owned business, established in 2005, that offers variety of authentic Turkish food from many regions of Turkey. Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine adapted its name from one of the oldest cities in the world, Istanbul, which was once known as the Constantinople in the early 13th century. The name “Bosphorous” taken from the strait that lies in the center of Istanbul connecting the Black Sea and the Sea of Marmara, Europe to Asia. The decor of this eatery is kept to minimum to draw the attention to the food. The intent was to create a modernized, warm authentic atmosphere by taking the old elements of Istanbul and combining it with some modern influences to create a truly unique experience.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

They have two location which I did not know and when I got the number from 411and was connected, apparently I was connected to the one near International drive, but I had wanted to make reservations at the Winter Park location. They need to probably answer the phone and include the location so you can easily understand which location you are calling. After arriving at the WP location and not having a reservation, but they were able to arrange a table in about 30 minutes which was great. I waited at the bar and was happy. Overall the food was good and the service was good. I will visit again.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

The first time I ate at Bosphorous I loved it so much that I made sure to revisit on a subsequent trip to Orlando (technically Winter Park). It was a weekday night so the restaurant was not crowded, and although we were seated quickly it took a few moments longer than expected to have our order taken. Nonetheless, Amanda (our waitress) was very good and took good care of us. We started with cold (Haydari, which is yogart with walnuts, dill, and mint) and hot (Sigara Boregi, which is crispy filo dough stuffed with feta cheese, parsley, and dill) appetizers. The lavas is a must every time (basically its a big hollow bread that goes perfectly with the appetizers) as it is fantastic; careful when you deflate it though as steam will be released. The appetizers were wonderful. For the entree, my friends shared the mixed grill platter, which consisted of doner kebab, chicken adana kebab, lamb adana kebab, lamb sis kebab, chicken sis kebab, and kofte kebab). This is a superb plate and would have easily been sufficient for the three of us. However, I also ordered the chicken adana kebab, which was seasoned with fresh garlic, light hot peppers, red bell peppers, parsley, and paprika perfectly grilled. Both entrees were served with fresh steamed rice and a vegetable medley of red cabbage, carrots, and red onions. Simply delicious! We had so much food left over that it made for a tasty and perfectly proportioned lunch the next day. This second visit to Bosphorous has confirmed my appreciation for Turkish cuisine and has solidified it as my favorite place to eat at in Winter Park. I am already looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I spent years in the restaurant business and I know a well run place when I eat in it. It is a joy to see how this restaurant staff flows ebb and tide to service all the customers so completely. But for those non restaurant folk out there, just go for the food. My wife and I both had lamb (one shank and one kebabs from tenderloin). Just done perfectly. I forget the name of the "puffed up" bread that kept coming out of the kitchen but as soon as you see it you'll have to order some yourself ... and not be disappointed. I love wine and was quite happy with the wine list.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The weather was great so we got a table outside. A waitress was giving out samples of the Chicken Adana, I tried it, and loved it, so I ordered it. We have been to Boshporus before and we always order the big, hot bread (forget what it's called) and hummus to start. Always tasty.

My chicken Adana meal was great- there was nothing left on the plate. It was very fresh and full of flavor. The servers were good and the manager was very nice, too.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We first had dinner at this great local (not a part of a chain) Turkish restaurant on Park Ave. in late December and it was excellent, so we went back tonight for another meal. And this was just as good! Since this is locally owned, you often will have the owner in house and visiting with the diners.

Both times we started the meal with the Lavas and the Select Two cold appetizers. So far we have had the Soslu Patlican, Humus and Haydari. A great start to the meal. For entrees we have had the Special Beyti Kebab which was wonderful, the pickled cabbage, red onion and carrots vegetable medley was a great counter point to the spicy lamb. We also had the Karides Guvec (Shrimp Casserole). Both were excellent!.

Tonight we had for our entrees the char-grilled Atlantic Salmon and the Etli Lahana Dolmasi (Stuffed Cabbage). The salmon had a crusty outside with a nice done interior. The lamb, rice and spices wrapped in cabbage was about the best I have ever had.

We finished both meals with excellent deserts and Turkish Coffee.

The service was outstanding, our servers were helpful and knew the menu well and could explain each dish.