“Authentic and delicious Turkish food”

Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 337 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morse
Transit: The Lynx bus system has multiple stops along Park Avenue, Fairbanks, and Morse.
Description: Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is a family owned business, established in 2005, that offers variety of authentic Turkish food from many regions of Turkey. Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine adapted its name from one of the oldest cities in the world, Istanbul, which was once known as the Constantinople in the early 13th century. The name “Bosphorous” taken from the strait that lies in the center of Istanbul connecting the Black Sea and the Sea of Marmara, Europe to Asia. The decor of this eatery is kept to minimum to draw the attention to the food. The intent was to create a modernized, warm authentic atmosphere by taking the old elements of Istanbul and combining it with some modern influences to create a truly unique experience.
Gainesville, Florida
“Authentic and delicious Turkish food”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Before we sat down for lunch at Bosphrous, an allegedly Turkish restaurant, I went in and met the hostess to ask: how many of the cooks are Turkish? She said that of the 6 in the kitchen only one was not from Turkiye. Super sign so we sat down at a table outside. The menu is rich in Turkish food offerings with excellent descriptions.

We opted for the lunch specials which included a salad, a main dish and dessert (baklava). I chose the chicken Adana, a spicy dish, and my wife, doner kebab. This was repeated by our friends visiting from Indiana. We declined the extra cost puffed bread and spread offer from the waitress. The next table had a plate of the puffed bread and it was huge. We thought that if we had ordered it along with a salad lunch would be done.

Our dishes were extremely tasty and generously served accompanied by two bottles of Efes beer from Turkiye. I devoured my chicken Adana even though it was not as spicy as it should be but my wife could not finish her doner dish. No worries as we took home the rest. Our friends had the same experience.
Bottom line: The venue is on Park street with additional tables on the sidewalk. The wait staff is professional and friendly especially the chief waiter who is Turkish. The food is excellent and authentic and the portions are generous. We would go there again, for sure.

• Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
“OMG where have I been?”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Our dinner last night was amazing!! Their warm bread with dips was BETTER than the raves it has gotten on this site. The beef kabobs were better than any filet I have tasted. My friends also loved the giant portion of iamb shank and chicken sauté with lemon sauce. All the food they were serving looked amazing! For dessert, even though we brought home huge boxes of food, we shared the baklava and pistachio gelato. All I can say is this was my first visit but we are already planning a return. Make reservations!!!

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Excellent Turkish Food”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Good food (we love Turkish), Kavaklideri and Yakut wine, great atmosphere, good service.

And, considering it's in the heart of Winter Park, quite reasonable cost.

Booked through Open Table, which worked well; only possible problem is that parking in WP can be a problem.

• Visited February 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Awesome place”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Love the food and the atmosphere. Had some lamb and it was amazing. Sat outside in the afternoon had a hookah and a few drinks it was quite nice. I Will go back.

Winter Park, FL
“Middle Eastern Food”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We come here 5-6 times per year, I always order the same thing: the Chicken Saute with Lemon Sauce- I love it so much I can never bring myself to try something else. My husband enjoys the mixed grill which is huge and can easily feed two people-he always has plenty of leftovers to bring home much to the delight of our canines! We always have the Lavash bread with Haydari dip as well.

• Visited February 2013