“Luma on Park is dining at its finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Luma

Luma
Reserve with OpenTable
Luma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 331 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Luma on Park is a high-energy, casual American kitchen serving delectable food and dining, where the fare speaks for itself and the wine program is all about the juice. We want our guests to feel comfortable dining the way they please, whether they prefer a traditional three-course meal or an array of small eclectic dishes.Luma’s menu offers the freshest seasonal ingredients and herbs to enhance the flavor profile of its cuisine. Every culinary experience will be different, but our diligent staff is thoroughly trained in all aspects of food and beverage to display the idea of service being as important as the food for the ultimate dining experience. Luma's private dining room, The Cellar is a lavish, exclusive room that can seat 48 people and is equipped with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment ideal for major events, from corporate gatherings to wedding receptions.
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Luma on Park is dining at its finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Luma on Park serves exquisite foods in a great atmosphere. Prices are a little high, but the quality of the food is off the charts. It is one of the most popular restaurants in Winter Park and is frequented by celebrities of all sorts. Their wine selection is excellent and far exceeds other restaurants in the area, and includes wines only offered at Luma.

They even have a dessert bar where you can sit and watch the chefs prepare their delectable fare while you have a dessert, a glass of wine or cocktail and chat with friends. And the desserts are wonderful.

Orlando, Florida
“Noisy and Slow”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went to Luma on the first night of the September Magical Dining Month. The menu looked good, and the restaurant looks so elegant and is in such a good location. It was crowded, a good sign, but so noisy that I had to strain to hear my dinner partners. The service in the beginning was at a snails pace. We waited over an hour for first course. Then we noticed other tables had bread and we asked why we had none. The server said the patron must request bread. Really! A fine dining restaurant doesn't offer bread! I was appalled. Although the menu looked good, the food was mediocre, not what I expected. The best part of the meal, however, was the dessert. The olive oil cake was divine. The rest of the experience left much to be desired.

• Visited September 2013
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Very mixed experience ....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I can see why this restaurant is rated #8 on TripAdvisor, but for us it was closer to #188 !

The ambiance, the location, the design and the other diners food looked fantastic.

My wife is lactose intolerant so there is always some 'adjustment' to be made with most dishes. She ordered a salad appetizer which was 'safe' except for the dressing which contained cheese. We asked for no dressing and simply some oil & vinegar. The waitress seemed a little confused and we suspected that all the salads were prepared pre-dressed. When the salad arrived we could not believe how little 'salad' it contained. Approx. 1oz of greens with some fig/tomato garnish. They said they had already dressed the salad, but we could taste nothing and were never offered additional oli & vinegar.

I ordered the foie gras mousse, which was delicious although a little deceiving. The use of the word 'mousse' means they have basically blended up a meat mixture which contains some foie gras. Something more akin to a smooth 'pate'.

For the entree my wife ordered a burger without the brioche bun (lactose). it was 'OK' but we were expecting a burger that was elevated over a 'chain' burger. This one wasn't.

I ordered the pasta with bolognaise sauce. It was VERY tasty but not a bolognaise sauce, as it contained a noticeable amount of red pepper seasoning, something which was not described on the menu. I enjoyed it, it tasted great, but it wasn't was described.

Add to the food 3 alcoholic drinks and we'd blasted through more than $100 ! for a salad, 'pate', a burger with fries and a bowl of pasta !

As I said, I feel our experience may not have been typical, but we're not sure that it merits a return visit.

1 Thank BritBoyInFL
Manning, SC
“Ritzy food, expensive but nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I guess I am just a simple person but I do not really care that much about truffles and atmosphere so I wanted to preface it with that. The decor here was very nice and it had the elegant atmosphere people seeking that would crave. There is even a private dining room in the basement or wine cellar with a nice sitting area and a large dining table that would be perfect for a dinner party of 12 or so. There is a large screen television so some could sit and have pre-dinner (or after dinner) drinks in the leather chairs while others sat at the dining table to chat. it would be a very good place for such an event.

The food menu changes frequently according to our wait staff. The selections were all high end fare with elaborate descriptions of the ingredients. It was ala carte in that entrees came without a side dish or salad or soup so such things had to be ordered separately for an additional charge. The presentation of the items was good and the chef had taken care to create more than just food. I do not normally care about presentation one way or the other but I did want to note it since there was an effort made to do it and it matters to some people. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal and the staff was attentive. The pacing was a little slower than I normally care for although others in my party were enjoying the slow pace so it is a personal preference i think.

Without beverages, I believe you can expect to spend a minimum of $50 per person and it is more likely to be closer to $75 with salad or soup, sides and deserts. if you like fine dining or need a special place for a special dinner, I would recommend it.

Parking is not easy but note that they do offer free valet parking. It was raining and we did not notice that as we drove around searching for a parking spot (in pay for parking lots) so keep that in mind if you go. No need to hunt for parking.

1 Thank PaxvilleBoy
Miami
“Good service, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had not been to Winter Park in years, and selected Luma because of it's Golden Spoon Award. We found the service to be excellent, the atmosphere attractive, and the meal very good. We were impressed with the wine list and the waiters knowledge of same. The steak wedge salad of crispy romaine leaves had a tasty blu cheese dressing and a huge slice of smoked bacon. My husband had the flounder, and I, the pickled shrimp with grits. I cleaned my plate - a rare occurrence for me. We were too full for dessert, but they looked tempting. We topped our wonderful meal off with a nightcap.

Visited August 2013