“Best spot on Park Ave” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luma

Luma
Reserve with OpenTable
Luma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 329 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Luma on Park is a high-energy, casual American kitchen serving delectable food and dining, where the fare speaks for itself and the wine program is all about the juice. We want our guests to feel comfortable dining the way they please, whether they prefer a traditional three-course meal or an array of small eclectic dishes.Luma’s menu offers the freshest seasonal ingredients and herbs to enhance the flavor profile of its cuisine. Every culinary experience will be different, but our diligent staff is thoroughly trained in all aspects of food and beverage to display the idea of service being as important as the food for the ultimate dining experience. Luma's private dining room, The Cellar is a lavish, exclusive room that can seat 48 people and is equipped with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment ideal for major events, from corporate gatherings to wedding receptions.
“Best spot on Park Ave”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

Luma is an interesting spot. It doesn't really fit in on park because it is a little too good at what it does. Most places on park charge $20 for a deli sandwich and people eat it up because it's a "hot spot."

Luma does it right though. They put thought into their dishes. They also frequently change their menu based on what is in season. The swordfish was excellent on my most recent visit, as well as the boudin blanc app.

Good wine list, nothing mind blowing, but affordable so a good trade-off.

1 Thank Taylormade65

Alexandria, Virginia
“I sat at the Sexy Table and the food was delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

I loved the vibe at Luma - it was sexy and bold. We had a great table for celebrating the graduation of my brother's girlfriend. But the food and service made our experience unforgettable. We started with an amazing seasonal corn soup, followed by warm asparagus with a poached egg and prosciutto that melted in your mouth. Everyone loved their entrees (I had a wonderful and perfectly cooked flounder), we were fighting over the potato puree and dessert was absolutely to die for (must try the chocolate pot decreme). The wine selection is displayed in glass walls around the restaurant (Luma can hold up to 6,000 bottle). Our waiter, Glenn, took great care of us and made sure we had fantastic wine - each bottle decanted for us throughout dinner – we felt special. If you visit Orlando, you must make sure to have a special dinner at Luma. It was fantastic.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank LArox
New York City, New York
“This is the restaurant you want to go when...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

...you are looking for a great dinner, consistency, ambiance and good service.
If you are the type that wants to be chatting with management and servers so they can tell you how wonderful you are, and expecting them to notice what brands you wear, this is not the place for that. I am sure the Valet service will know which is your car before they bring it to the front door for you.
They are professionals that are too busy attending every service detail at each table and that is the reason of their success and why we keep going back.
My husband and I have had dinner at Luma about 30 times in the last 2 years. As I was reading some of the reviews I couldn't believe some of the accusations some of the guest have made about this place.
I have seeing guest from different ethnic backgrounds as myself all the time and can't
say that I have seeing, or experience a different treatment because of it.
We travel 45 minutes each way to eat there and will keep doing it as long as they keep making the wonderful food they make and providing us with the great service they always have. The wine selection is wonderful as well.
One of our favorite tables is near the kitchen area where you can see the fire from the Pizza oven. To be seated towards the kitchen is really a privilege. Many times we seat at the main dining room area which we also enjoy.
After dining in almost every restaurant in the Orlando area this is our favorite restaurant so far.

1 Thank EpicureanA-Z
The Hague, The Netherlands
“FINALLY! A Decent Restaurant in Orlando Area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

We came across Luma by chance (even though it is right on a prominent corner), it started to rain and we slipped in for a bite to eat to wait out the down pour. We stepped inside and the place was buzzing with people. The bar was packed as well as the sofa seating area. We were lucky to get a table for dinner. Very reminiscent of my experiences in San Francisco, Copenhagen DK and Miami. Tables are close together so if you need to spread out, you will need to request a booth. I personally enjoy that type of seating so I did not ask to change seats. The restrooms are funny. Lots of glass and if you have one too many you might have a bit of trouble washing your hands. Hint: the sensor is near your feet! Our waiter Noel, was extremely professional and friendly. There were no problems to split our starters and main course. The kitchen split the main course onto two plates for us instead of us having to do it ourselves. Besides the atmosphere, the food was a great surprise. Most of Orlando's restaurants are bland and laden with fat/salt to make up for the boring dishes. Here everything was fresh and seasonal. We ordered the Peach, Italian Salami, Cheese and Mint pizza was exciting to look at and taste ($14). It was also big enough for two to split or have as an entree. The English Pea Agnolotti (Ravioli) with Mushroom was really flavorful ($12). Our main course of Pink Shrimp over Pasta $25) was a perfect blend of flavor and sauce not over kill on either, you could actually taste the pasta. Did I mention that they are make at the restaurant? The dessert was only thing that I was not completely happy about. We ordered two: A caramel Angle Food Cake with Pineapple ($7) and Lemon Basil Poundcake ($7). Both were yummy but without much sauce (a very small pool), it was a bit dry. I don't need things to drown in sauce but it was lacking even though it had a small scoop of ice cream. The double espresso was as it should be, why can't Florida restaurants figure this out? Lastly, I LOVED the wine by the glass and half glass. Not run of the mill Kendal Jackson Chardonnay though I do like KJ. It is on a 4 tiered system, flat price for each tier with 8-10 to choose from in each, whites and reds. No more being stuck with a glass you don't like or having to buy a bottle just to try something out. I bought a 1/2 glass of the top tier in white ($7) and a full glass in third tier in red($10.50). Both were a generous pour so I did not need more. Lastly even though the restaurant was super busy all of our food and drinks came out on time without delay. Sound Interesting? Go try it for your self and post what you thought. I don't write many reviews but this I just had to because of how good it is. Enjoy!

Alexandria, Virginia
“Fabulous, as always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

Great restaurant in the heart of Winter Park. Excellent service, great wines, fabulous food...a wonderful place for a special occasion or just a fun night out. Other than the rather confusing bathrooms...let's leave those in New York City please...it's the best on Park Avenue.