“Pretty Good”

SIAM Garden
Ranked #85 of 346 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Wanted more Thai! Lackluster frontage but nice interior. Great Tad mon and Satay. Loved the the Drunken Noodles with THAI Basil . I was a little let down with the the Phad Thai but my SO liked it! Good spot if you are in Winter Park.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

The main reason I chose this restaurant was the trip advisor reviews. I don't get to Orlando often but have two sons in their 20s who live in nearby Oviedo, FL. It was a special occasion to take them out to dinner with myself and my husband and their first Thai cuisine experience. My eldest son's came out 5 minutes before anyone else. Then our three entrees came out but not with the jasmine rice we ordered, but brown rice. (They ran out of jasmine and said it would be 30 minutes until more was available). Our food was lukewarm in temperature, not curry temp, but degree temperature. Then I went to move my plate and could feel the dishwasher had left bits of food, not big, but you know the unclean feeling of a plate. The taste of the food was so-so to me. Booth table height was also odd-kind of low. And my son noticed a significant layer of dust on wood panel walls. Overall I was very disappointed to have this quality of meal with my loved ones.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

My husband and I dined at Siam Garden three times when we were in Winter Park in the beginning of December. All of the food we ordered was quite good but the Fried Eggplant in the Panang Curry was truly one of the best Thai entrees that we have ever had. The eggplant was so light and delicious and not heavy or greasy at all as we have experienced at other Thai restaurants in the past. The service was very friendly and efficient. We would definitely return.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

At the recommendation of fellow foodies, I gave Siam Garden Restaurant in Winter Park a try. (I am partial to Sea Thai). A standalone establishment across Winter Park Village on Webster Avenue. Details at http://theprimlanikitchen.blogspot.com/2011/08/siam-garden-review.html

Reviewed October 16, 2011

I am half Thai. In my family we speak and eat Thai/Laos. I miss my Mom's cooking and when I crave Thai, Siam Garden is where I go for take out. There are several Thai restaurants in my area, but their Thai food seems Americanized. Sorry, just being honest. When I feel like something light, I get either; Thai Beef Salad with a squeeze of a bit more lime and add my own dried crushed pepper. Or I get the papaya salad (extra lime) with chicken satay, or the chicken laarb. When I need something heavier (nice on a cold evening) I get ; Thai Green Curry (say Gaeng Kew Wan Guy)with Chicken poured over steamed rice, which comes with. I think it comes with cubes of potato, but I ask specifically for the potato addition. Sometimes I ask for pineapple chunks in lieu of the potato. Or the Woon Sen noodles (ask for it stir fried) with ground pork as the meat choice. It's called Put Woon Sen Moo. I dip each mouthful into Siracha hot sauce for an extra kick. When it comes to restaurants, It's all about the food to me. And the food is great here.

1  Thank FloridaMom3