“Hannibal Square Favorite”

Dexter's in Winter Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Dexter's in Winter Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 347 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Four locations conveniently located in Winter Park, Windermere, Thornton Park, and Lake Mary. Since 1984 Dexter's chefs have used only the freshest and locally sourced ingredients to prepare our creative cuisine. For wine enthusiasts you'll find our selection of wines from around the world to be extensive and very reasonably priced.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This location is at the West end of New England Ave., in the Hannibal Square section of Winter Park. Sunday brunch is unbelievably popular: completely packed with crowds on the street, so reserve if you really want to eat then.

They are also famous for their $1 hamburgers on Tuesday evenings. Happy hour starts during the week at 3 pm. If you don't like the indoor noise, the tables outside are quieter, with a fab view: your own tiny slice of almost-New Orleans. Try the grouper and the grits; the fish is local.

By the way, Dexters is the name of the owner, not from the TV series. Too bad, huh?

1  Thank miznina

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Dined at Dexter’s recently and enjoyed my salad with grilled chicken. Other members of my party liked their fish or fish-inspired dishes as well.

Good place for a business lunch (size of tables, spacing of tables within restaurant, and speed of service).

Our waiter was attentive and helpful with menu suggestions.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stopped at Dexter's for Dinner when another place was not available. I could not believe how loud it was... The food was unique and I have to say not to bad for what I ordered (Grilled Sandwich) everyone seemed to like the food from the menu. The specials for the night seemed intriguing however were way over priced which kept us all to the regular menu. Also 12.95 for a cocktail is way to steep...
I would possibly return but only if they offered a dome of silence to have a conversation with people at your table.

1  Thank dphins51
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Way above average food but not so rich you can't eat here every night. Thoughtful menu by innovative chef. Great wines, fairly priced and full liquor bar. Good parking. Rarely wait for a table. Service is only good.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Googled "best bloody mary in Orlando" and Dexter's came up. My girlfriend and I went on Labor Day and sat at the bar. We ordered our drinks and even ended up ordering some food. We made new friends at the bar with patrons and the bartenders and the servers as well seeing as how we were sitting right at the end of the bar near the kitchen. The owner even chatted us up. It was a fantastic day. I noticed the mushroom quiche w/ goat cheese and skirt steak w/ bernaise sauce after I had eaten so I made a mental note to come back next Sunday brunch w/ my boyfriend. We did come back and I ordered it-FANTASTIC!

They have $1 burger nights on Tuesday and would love to check that out as well. They have another location in Thornton Park and I haven't eaten there but the Bloody Mary's in Thornton Park are TO DIE FOR!
A+ Dexter's!!!