“Fun time at the bar, great choices and people watching”

Dexter's in Winter Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Dexter's in Winter Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 331 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Four locations conveniently located in Winter Park, Windermere, Thornton Park, and Lake Mary. Since 1984 Dexter's chefs have used only the freshest and locally sourced ingredients to prepare our creative cuisine. For wine enthusiasts you'll find our selection of wines from around the world to be extensive and very reasonably priced.
Oviedo, Florida
“Fun time at the bar, great choices and people watching”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Always a fun atmosphere. Seems to be a Cougar bar once you hit 8 pm or so. Also its fair share of older gentlemen looking for younger company. Fun to watch. Love the food menu. Chicken eggrolls are out of this world, but not always on menu.

Winter Park, Florida
“great food, waitor not so great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We got the baked brie appetizer (GET IT !) and since it had almonds on it and my boyfriend is allergic, I asked the waitor to put them on the side. The dish came out and it had almonds on it. -.- I didn't want to send it back cause we were both hungry and I didn't want to wait forever. He ate some of it anyway, even though his mouth was itching a lot.

When we ordered our food, we decided to split the seasonal rack of lamb and we wanted 1 glass of red wine. We got 2. Neither one of us are big drinkers so both our wines had quite a bit left in them when we were done. The rack of lamb was $25 and it was TINY. There were barely any vegetables (like 1/4 cup, at most), and the same amount of mashed potatoes. I looked at it thinking surely there had to be another plate on the way ? I dislike being a pain or causing problems so we decided to just not say anything. But I felt that we got ripped off paying $25 for that puny plate of food. The wine was $10 a glass as well. In general we felt like the waitor wasn't listening.

• Visited November 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Not every great eatery in Winter Park is on Park Ave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Can't recall ever having a bad dining experience at Dexters... a Hannibal Square anchor for quite some time. While other 'hot' eateries have floated away, it has remained and only gotten better at what it does: serving up extraordinarily healthy fare... in generous portions... by a youngish staff that seems genuinely happy to see you. It's the kind of place where, after each meal, you're apt to think, "That was nice --- we'll have to come here more often."

N Chittenden, VT
“Great Sunday Brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

An Ultimate Bloody Mary with a plate of "Hot Mess", a great way to start your Sunday! The Eggs Benedict was also outstanding! Fun & lively indoor/outdoor environment. Obviously a locals institution.

Winter Park, FL
“Make sure to bring earplugs and check your bill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went with friends on a Thursday to listen to the band and have dinner. The noise level in the restaurant is incredible and two out of six left early with headaches. You cannot talk to the person next to you. To order your dinner you must first get very close and personal with the waiter/waitress and shout loudly so they can hear you. We all ordered something different and the food was good and it was served hot. The downer was when the waitress decided to give herself a 50% tip. I had to ask her where my change was and she incredulously asked me if I wanted my change. She must be used to waiting on drinkers that really don't notice how much their bill comes to or how much change they should get back. I am a non-drinker. The music was just okay with a lot of sour notes but danceable. I won't go back on a Thursday and will re-think going back at all. There are so many other restaurants in Winter Park to choose from.

• Visited March 2013