“Not your regular Chinese restaurant.”

Winnie's Oriental Garden
Ranked #114 of 344 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband told me how great this restaurant is. We asked Tessie, our waitress(she's very nice, by the way) for a very specific dietary request; she was happy to oblige. As for the meal, we had shrimp toast and a shrimp egg roll for appetizer. They were great. Then we had spicy shrimp and chicken with white rice and asked if we could have cashews on it. We also had the chicken with black bean sauce with brown rice. The ingredients were fresh and the food was really good. We'll definitely come back when we're back in Orlando.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I prefer Chinese Restaurant's that cook the food fresh vs. a Buffett or those quick take-out places. Winnie's is a homey restaurant with authentic "home-cooked" Chinese. If you eat there often you feel like a part of the family. They occasionally have a blue crab with ginger scallion which is just heaven. And they do the same treatment to lobster as a higher price of course. The shrimp eggrolls are made there, not frozen. I love the roast pork with asparagus and the salt and pepper shrimp as well as the fresh spinach with garlic.

2  Thank coolnurse
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I was a regular at this restaurant for 10 years for lunch, and sometimes dinner, being that I worked nearby for many, many years. I have easily dined here well over 100 times, and I have yet to even remotely have a dish that wasn't excellent. The food is always fresh, and I've had many different items form Lemon Chicken, Fried Rice, Steaks, etc. Forget PF Chang's. Winnie's is much nicer, relaxing, and the food quality is outstanding. Winnie, herself, is almost on hand, and cooks a lot of the food as well. I've also taken many friends here for lunch or dinner, and they have all liked it and returned.

1  Thank MOC_Jamz
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Needed lunch during a weekend education course, so I found Winnie's while driving randomly down Orange Ave. I had the Cashew Chicken and Spring Rolls, which were great (fresh food and tasty). I appreciate restaurants that don't charge extra for brown rice so it was nice to see that Winnie's didn't charge extra for this options. Service was friendly and quick. If I lived in Orlando/Winter Park, I would be a regular. If I'm in the area again I will definitely return.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2007

One of the better Chinese restaurants in Orlando.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook