“OUTSTANDING food in a beat up shopping center”
Review of Thai Place

Thai Place
Ranked #95 of 342 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We're from the Washington area and have had Thai food in quantity. Saw a review of this spot and decided to give it a shot. Do NOT be taken in by the address! 501 N. Orlando is actually the address of a shopping center and you have to go into the parking area and wander towards the back to find the restaurant. Once you get there (whew!) the food and service are superb. We had their mussamans curry (with tofu) and pad thai along with an appetizer of spring rolls. Everything was first rate and presented very nicely. We ordered medium spicy and you can get them to bring you "condiments" - which are hot sauce and peppers - to dial up the heat if you wish. I'd be delighted to go back.

1  Thank Tomxp

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This little out of the way Thai restaurant is fantastic. The place is very pleasant and the decor is very relaxing. To me this is one of the best restaurants for Thai food...I don't understand why more people don't go there!

2  Thank gjones754
Reviewed July 11, 2012

very good food. triple sauce fish is delicious. good pineapple duck.

1  Thank LiliaLima
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Would have given this restaurant a 5 except the Phad Thai was way too sweet for us. It was much better the second day as leftovers. But the Tofu Satay dish was awesome!! and will definitely earn return visits from us! Garlic marinated cubes of super crispy fried tofu - who could go wrong with that! The peanut dipping sauce was very good but the sweet cucumber onion dipping sauce was good enough to drink! We'll have to try one of the curries next time when I go for my fried tofu fix!

1  Thank stampingirl
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Hadn't been here in years since there are so many good Thai restaurants in the Orlando area. I remembered Thai Place as a good place to get a fast and tasty Thai lunch for a reasonable price. I stopped for an early dinner and was pleased to see the menu has expanded considerably. I ordered some familiar dishes: tom yum soup which was delicious and salmon in chili sauce which was only so-so. The sauce was very good, but the fish was dry and had little flavor. I thought the prices were a little high, but I would give them another try especially since they have Thai dancers (reservations required).