“Really great and authentic place for Thai food”
Review of Thai Place

Thai Place
Ranked #94 of 334 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Really great and authentic place for Thai food”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I've been once or twice long time ago when they only had one room but when visited this place again recently it really made an impression on me! The food is fast and the taste is amazing, all the servers are genuinely nice and happy when they give you service. I noticed they know a lot of customers by their names do I guess they a lot of regulars. I definitely go back again soon.

Orlando, FL
“Great food, year after year!”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This restaurant is located in Winter Park in the K-Mart plaza at the intersection of Lee Rd and 17/92 Orlando Ave. (Just a few doors down from the Florida Tag agency.) I was introduced to the Thai Place over 10 years ago for having a great spicy peanut curry and am happy to report that the new (-ish) owners are still doing a great job.

The large restaurant does a brisk take out business while still filling up the smaller of the two dining rooms. Service has always been prompt and attentive. If you have food allergies/dislikes, they are great about subbing ingredients out.

My recent visit had me ordering take out, the Spicy Peanut Curry was peanutty and zippy, great with Tofu. My peanut curry addicted friend usually orders Chicken or Tofu, mild. Either way, the flavorful sauce includes a nice array of veggies and is SO GOOD. If you are a fan of peanut satay, try this curry. Summer Rolls are good. If you like Thai iced tea, that is good here.

Since this is one of the few places around Orlando that has this yummy peanut curry (Not Massaman curry, this is more peanutty), I always order it in or take out.

Visited December 2011
Gainesville, Florida
“Amazing Thai food”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I love Thai Place. One of the best in the greater Orlando area. Every time I go to Winter Park I eat at this restaurant. The owner is a wonderful person as well.

• Visited October 2011
Hollywood, Florida
“Great service”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I am on a new project in the Maitland/Orlando area. I read some reviews and decided this was the place to go, I was greeted right away with a smile and asked if I was eating alone. Every waitress eventually greeted me whether it was to serve me, pour some water, or to ask how my food was. The menu is quite extensive and was happy to see plenty of fish on the menu. But much to my surprise none of the fish was fresh after I had asked about it. Since I only eat fresh fish I asked what their non fish specialty was. The waitress thought about it for a second, excused herself and then went back to the kitchen. She quickly came back and suggested I try the Chu Che crispy Duck. I said fine and she asked how spicy I liked it. After telling her I grew up eating very hot peppers, she said go for the "hot." The presentation of the dish was fantastic. The Chu Che sauce was fabulous. The duck (and there was plenty) had a strange consistency but was still good. The dish had asparagus and spinach, two of my favorites. The white rice is something I have to have and it was great.

When I am on these projects, I typically try and find non chain restaurants and once I find a few I like I will often frequent them on a weekly basis. This might be one of them. Stay tuned for another review next week.

Had the duck been better I would have rated this place with 5 stars.

• Visited October 2011
Orlando
“Great Thai Food, and Dancing"”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This restaurant continues to serve qaulity Thai food, at very reasonable pricing. Currently they are also having traditional Thai dancing on weekend nights. It is a clean, nice atmosphere as well.

• Visited September 2011