Lowest prices for your stay
$216
Hotels.com$216
Preferred Hotels$299
Priceline$299
1,877 results
All reviews rollins college park avenue beautiful hotel boutique hotel morse museum winter park area two blocks rooftop pool within walking distance restaurants and shops central florida valet parking rooms are spacious fire pit scholarship wedding orlando
Selected filters
Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

Elegant yet friendly and filled with contemporary art describes the Alfond Inn. I attended a business meeting and had a delicious lunch.
The guality of the food and the service was exceptional. Friends who were staying there raved about the accommodations. Highly recommended !

Trip type: Traveled on business
Jesse M, General Manager at The Alfond Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2017

Dear Joyceh625: Thank you for your lovely review. We are glad you enjoyed your luncheon. We love offering our beautiful surroundings for many to enjoy. We appreciate your referring us to other businesses in the area for fund raisers or events.

Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

This is our second visit to the Alfond & my wife and I use to end our holiday in Florida.There seemed to be a conference going on during our stay & the booking desk staff was busy fussing over them as opposed to catering for holiday visitors,I had to wait for some time for information at the desk.My wife & another lady had a rather rude comment from one of car attendees,I did not hear of this at the time otherwise I would have brought this to the desk.One cannot fault this hotel for location & the rooms are wonderful,but I found it overpriced now,just far too expensive.All in all not a favorable experience.Would think twice about staying at the Alfond again when we return to Winter Parks.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jesse M, General Manager at The Alfond Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2017

Dear debbiedoodles02: Thank you for your observations regarding your experience. I am so glad you enjoyed your room and the location of our Hotel being in the heart of beautiful Winter Park and Park Avenue. Please allow me to apologize for any inconveniences you encountered while you were our guest. We certainly appreciate knowing the areas we can improve. We thank you for being our guest and appreciate your patronage.

Reviewed March 22, 2017

Da wife and I flew down from Ohio to Winter Park in March for three reasons: 1) It was 16 degrees here 2) The extremely good sidewalk arts festival and 3) for another stay at the Alfond. EVERY ONE of the staff at the Alfond are incredible! Extremely friendly, fun to talk to and know their business very well. Specifically Dale at the front desk, Jefferey Boesse (a world of knowledge about the short history of the Alfond, it was build in 2013), Ojuho(?) Ojaho(?) the bartender (sorry for mangling your name) makes the one and only watermelon-basil margarita – it’s very good. Then of course there’s Floyd, Concierge Extraordinaire! But everyone you meet from the housekeeping staff on the 5th floor down to the valet parking kids on the ground are great.

The art on display is stunning. I watched/listened to “Second-Hand Reading” many times. That piece fascinates me. The grounds are beautiful. The building is beautiful. The interior is beautiful. We were there from Thurs to Tues and must have seen 7-8 weddings, baby showers and other big parties. I guess I’ve raved enough about that aspect of the hotel. Oh, but I forgot the pool!.......mmmmmm

You are about 1 block away from Park Avenue. A street with more shops and extremely good restaurants than you can imagine. Most of the restaurants have tables out on the sidewalk. You never know what you’ll see on Park. Great spot for people watching, *Lots* of dogs (which I love), saw a guy walking a bunny rabbit on a leash, but the guy with a young fox stopped me in my tracks. The arts festival is set in the big park that runs along Park. There is also the Morse museum that you really need to go see. I only heard of Louis Comfort Tiffany for the lampshades and jewelry. You’ll be amazed at all he did over his lifetime. Like I said, you’re close! We took a limo from the airport in, took a limo out and never bothered with the headache of a rental car and parking the entire time. Saved us a lot of money too. Call Floyd. He can put you in touch with George at Montanez & Associates for the limo’s. They do very good work.

We always ask for the top floor so we don’t hear walking above us, toilets flushing and once a family with kids that loved to bounce basketballs. Our first room was 504. Top floor and on the end next to the luxury suite (501). *BUT* there’s a very, very loud fan/vent/nuclear reactor/not-sure-what on the other side of 501. It kept me up late into the night. The next day they moved us to the other end of the hall. 533 was right next to the ice machine but we never heard it in the room. I highly recommend being away from the end 501 is on.

The only real grumpiness we have to report concerns breakfast. We always get the package where breakfast is free if you pay for the hotel with a Visa card, which is a *significant* savings. When we were there in June of 2016 it was absolutely a highlight of the day. We put everything in the “oh wow! Wonderful” category. This time not so much. The chicken in the waffles and was pretty dry, huevos ranchos not really flavorful, nothing really had the same kick as last time. The smoked bacon that we loved was very unevenly cooked every day. I will say though that the shrimp and grits *did* knock my socks off!!! I do wish they’d bring back their phenomenal lox and bagels too!!

BTW: We just noticed it this trip. They have a coffee station set up in front of the bar in the morning.

ALSO: We caught a terrific little band there for St. Patrick’s day. I think they play there every Friday night. They’re definitely worth seeing!

ALSO WIK: (you need to be a Monty Python fan to get that): All profits from the Alfond go to scholarships for kids at Rollins College. Beautiful place. Extremely expensive place. Walk one block and go check it out!

GO! Relax! Unwind! Get a sturdy drink and watch the moving book (you’ll figure it out).

Room tip: Choose the end of the floor away from 501
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harry B
Jesse M, General Manager at The Alfond Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2017

Dear UsusallyNotGrumpy: I enjoyed the details of your experience. Thank you so much for sharing your time here with so many travelers. We are so glad you enjoyed the Annual Sidewalk Art Festival and you may want to return for the Fall one as well. I'm glad you parked your car and enjoyed everything we have to offer just steps away from the Hotel. We hope you will return any time of year and let us know how we can help you make the most of your time as our guest.

Reviewed March 20, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had a great time staying here. All the staff were very helpful and friendly. The entire hotel is beautiful and kept very clean. The pool area is gorgeous and great for relaxing. There are tons of great shops and restaurants in downtown Winter Park which is a just short walk away. Thanks for a great stay!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jesse M, General Manager at The Alfond Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2017

Dear Stephen T: We are so happy you enjoyed our pool area "in the treetops" on our second floor. It is a quiet place to enjoy the beautiful Florida weather. We hope you will return soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2017

We live locally and didn't know about the Alfond Inn until we bought a night's stay and breakfast at a silent auction. Sooooo glad we bid on this one!! Everything was so amazing and so close to downtown Park Ave to walk around, eat, go on a boat ride. Just wonderful. One night felt so much longer! Would totally go back.

Room tip: 2nd floor is gym and pool level.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Katie H: We are so glad you had the experience of The Alfond Inn at Rollins. We hope you will always return often since you are so close. We have a lovely Sunday Brunch and always a great place to enjoy holidays. Thank you for being our guest.