“Fabulous!”
Review of The Alfond Inn

The Alfond Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winter Park
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is a great little hotel in Orlando (Winter Park). I've stayed here twice already and will continue to stay when in Orlando. It's perfect. The last time, we were upgraded to an awesome suite!

The area has many great options to dine and hand out.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have stayed at the Alfond Inn twice and each visit was wonderful. The friendly staff and excellent service in the restaurant and hotel were helpful and gracious. The beautiful art collection throughout the hotel adds to the gorgeous interior design. A few blocks away Winter Park's shopping and dining provide variety and elegant dining.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Newer hotel that is walking distance to shops and restaurants in Winter Park.
Excellent facilities. Rooms clean but not exceptional for price.
Accommodating staff including the restaurant. Clearly the only option in Winter Park and fairly close to downtown Orlando.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We discovered The Alfond a year ago on a trip to visit family in Winter park. It was great -- the room, the people, the restaurant were all top notch. In fact, we're going to Winter Park this weekend and will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank arthshapiro
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I came for a wedding and decided to stay there because less than 2 blocks from the party. Everyone told me that the hotel was the best around so I decided to try. Actually the Hotel is own by a school so during graduation time which was my case the price is $300 per night unless you book very long in advance, First the service in the reception and of the valet is very good. Almost no waiting for the cars which is usually very difficult to get. People are very friendly. The cleaning team is good but they should put automatically a shower cap in the bathroom and change the supplier of cotton buds (too small for make up). The turn down service was done two days out of three? and not the same service from day to t day? The room is well equipped and I like the flat screen but especially the plugs on the desk where you can have a lot of electronics connected as well as USB. The coffee machine is difficult to plug in but works good. The fridge is present but empty. Most important the safe fits any portable computer size. The gym is set to a minimum at present and the pool is outside. I do not remember if it was heated because when I decided to go the storm came too. The room is very spacious and the bedding is excellent. I would say this hotel is very good and I guess they need to learn a bit to make it perfect. If you get it for a maximum of $180 to $200 it is ok more than this is a little overpriced. I would definitely stay again there if I have the occasion within the price target I have. Remember the location is excellent you have plenty of activities within walking distance, restaurants , shops and bars. In conclusion, I was very happy with the parking and the reception team, the beauty of the hotel and the location, something was missing more in details I guess with time they will make it perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pdnirc
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel is really wonderful. Impressive from the time you pull into valet, and when you walk into the lobby. I think this would be a great place to host any occasion or event. The room was good sized and had a nice balcony, nice closet, and comfy bed. My only comment about the room was that the bathroom did not have a double sink (which I generally prefer). But everything else was great, the toiletries were nice, the pool and the exercise room were clean and nicely outfitted. My husband had a few drinks at the bar and thought it was also great.

The bellman and door staff were outstanding: friendly helpful and not pushy for a tip (of which we gave them a really good one when we left), by the way, they pool their tips.

My only issue was trying to get a late check-out. I tried the night before and was told to call at 7 AM. I think everyone else was told to call at 7AM also, because when I called I was told there were none left. Even after explaining our situation, I was not offered any help by the girl at the front desk, no offer of storing luggage or suggesting a place to freshen up before our lunch reservation. We ended up paying for a half day because we really needed the room until 2:30

Even given that, I would recommend the Alfond Inn and will stay here again whenever visiting the lovely town of Winter Park..

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor, pretty close to the elevator. Still it was quiet. If you want to spen...