“An oasis in Winter Park”
Review of The Alfond Inn

The Alfond Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winter Park
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Alfond for three nights and I have to report that the Alfond Inn met our expectations and more. This is a really classy hotel; the public spaces are beautiful and the rooms are well laid out and quite spacious. It is located in a relatively quiet and amazingly beautiful little pocket of the greater Orlando area. I was grateful that the hotel enabled us to relax and catch up after a gruelling travel schedule. But the test of a really good hotel is how the staff deal with a guest when things are not exactly right. When I approached the desk to ask if we could be moved from a suite to a room with a balcony and fresh air Amanda dealt with my request promptly and with good grace. I couldn't have asked for better hotel experience.

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies offer fresh air to travellers who don't deal with air conditioning so w...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lace13

Reviewed April 10, 2014

A group of us senior types from up the coast took a rail trip to Winter Park just to hang out for a few days. The train (Amtrak 97 and 98 back) was just fine. The station at Winter Park, which is just being rebuilt, is as convenient as it could be, located in the business district of the cute, upscale little town, only a few easy-to-walk blocks from the Alfond Inn, the hotel being only two blocks from the main thoroughfare, with its shops and restaurants. It's a very nice, classy, upscale hotel with a decent outdoor pool (3.5-4' deep) and a good fitness center, for those of us who do such things so as to balance out our overeating tendencies. Personnel hospitality was fine, no problems whatsoever. The rooms are very good, spacious enough (including the shower) with the best beds we've found in a long time. Ask for the mattress model number and you'll buy one. There's minimal traffic outside and little noise. Common areas inside and out are very good, with comfortable seating where you can enjoy a drink from the well stocked bar. Check on Happy Hour specials, like Grey Goose. We had only breakfast at the hotel's restaurant and it was excellent, my traditional fare being accompanied by roasted tomatoes and asparagus, a nice touch, healthful too. Next time down, by rail or by car, we'll no doubt be back.

Room Tip: So far as we could tell, any room might do. We did the fifth floor, which was perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlPhD
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We enjoyed this hotel so much. It is truly an experience! We loved modern decor and the art throughout the common areas. The hotel is new, upscale, and stylish. The proximity to Park Avenue was perfect. It was easy to enjoy all of Winter Park's best features within a short walk. We enjoyed breakfast at Hamilton's and drinks at the bar. A few small things could have been better. There was a mix up at checkout about our room rates. This was easily corrected because I had a printout of my reservation information. If I had not had the information, I am not sure how it would have resolved. I wish that self park were available. Overall, a wonderful experience and I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pet rooms (we had to change rooms after we heard barking from our first...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here the nights of March 20th and 21st for the Winter Park Art Festival. The hotel is brand new and is a welcome addition to Winter Park. The room was very nice and comfortable and overlooked New England Avenue. The room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. We had breakfast and lunch in the restaurant and all the meals were very appetizing and the service was professional. The interior of the hotel is amazing with eclectic touches of the mid-east and Europe. All the net profit from the Alfond goes to Rollins College scholarships. The roof top pool is a nice place to relax in the evening with the blue lighting. Winter Park has been needing this type of hotel for years as the only choices are two dated hotels in dire need of refurbishment. Will definitely return on my next trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John G
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Alfond when she was re-visiting Rollins College in February and we were very pleased with our stay. The hotel is very convenient to the college and Park Ave so we walked pretty much everywhere and left the car with the valet. The lobby and public areas are very clean and attractive. The room was spacious and well-appointed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Should my daughter choose Rollins this will definitely be the place we stay when we visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2014

like having a room ready upon check in time which is 4PM-no room until after 5PM. Basic room, clean. We had asked for a courtyard view and got a view of the ugly rooftop. Nice lobby area. Location to Park Ave. was convenient.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Finally, an elegant hotel in Winter Park. Spent 2 glorious days here during an event. Walking distance to Park Street and a short taxi ride to my other favorite restaurants. The hotel itself is artsy and the staff is very helpful. Only had breakfast in the restaurant but it was wonderful. Our room was perfect. Very cozy beds and lovely amenities. A refrigerator that actually works! The rooftop pool is furnished very nicely.
I live less than 2 hours from Winter Park and am always looking for reasons to go back and stay at the Alfond. It truly is a gem and not far from Orlando without all the ruckus. Many great restaurants in the area make a great destination for adults looking to get away from the Disney scene. Treat yourself!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Park Plaza Hotel Winter Park
#2 of 2 in Winter Park
Hyatt Regency Orlando
#30 of 340 in Orlando

Been to The Alfond Inn? Share your experiences!