“Service. What service?”
Review of Pannullo's

Pannullo's
Ranked #26 of 336 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: New England
Description: A favorite of Winter Park locals for over fifteen years. Pannullo's serves a wide variety of Italian cuisine with a creative flair as well as traditional favorites. A wide selection of appetizers, salads and soups compliment over fifty pasta, chicken, seafood and steak selections. There is something for everyone on this moderately priced menu that serves up a great salad with all dinner entrees. Located on Park Ave and overlooking Central Park, Pannullo's offers three distinct dining areas to enjoy your meal. Dine on the sidewalk and enjoy the view of bustling Park Ave or dine on the patio while escaping the rain or shine. If indoor dining is more to your liking, enjoy our Tuscany themed dining room with the same great food served in all three areas. Select from our wine list that boasts the most reasonably priced wines by the glass or bottle on Park Ave. Chef Pannullo is preparing some of our famous fresh cheesecake so hurry down and enjoy. The only thing we overlook is the park
Sanford, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service. What service?”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We arrived at 3:30pm on a Thursday in time for the Lunch Menu that ends at 4pm. Before I left the house I looked over the menu and decided on the Veal Franco ($11.59). My wife changed her mind and went with the Frutii Di Mare ($14.59) and my toddler girls went with the Tortellini Marinara ($6.95) x 2. 5min later the waitress comes back and informs me no veal, but the chicken is great. No thanks, send me a menu again please... I scour it over for a while and decide on the Lobster Ravioli ($11.95). Don't have that either? (Sounds like it's going to be a poor dinner service if you're out of everything at 3:30pm...) OK, so I settle on the Shrimp Sangenaro ($12.29). I don't like when a restaurant hopes you don't order something rather then telling you what they have available up front.

The place was busier than I had expected for that time of day, but there was more than enough wait staff available. It was nice to see there were a good amount of children dining at the time. I wasn't offered a high chair so I had to go track one down. We were asked if we wanted bread (not automatic). The children's plates came first, then we had to wait much longer than I expected for our dishes. Probably because they were out of everything I originally wanted. Halfway through our meal my wife had to flag down our waitress for Parmesan, it wasn't offered at first. I didn't like my plate, it lacked in flavor and the tail-on jumbo shrimp seemed overcooked. My daughters really didn't touch their plates, but they are finicky eaters anyway.

We waited an exorbitant amount of time before we had to flag down the waitress again for our check. I was surprised to see we were charged for milk ($2.40 x 2). When I questioned the waitress, she sniped it says right here (pointing to the children's menu) "except juice and milk". Total wording stated: "Includes free refills, except juice and milk". That is open to interpretation. I don't expect free refills on milk, but I do think it should be included in the price when worded like that.

I didn't bother to complain. Take my money and stop holding us hostage at that point. Our waitress's name was Glory, she spent more time checking her watch than seeing how we were doing (never asked during the meal). We went out of our way to try Pannullo's and will spend an equal amount of effort to avoid this sad place.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank shogunnix
mykyl1, Owner at Pannullo's, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thanks' for sharing your experience with us. It is unfortunate we were out of two items and you are 100% correct that you should have been told that when the server approached your table. Those were the only two item were out of and in fact will not have the Lobster ravioli back till this Monday. Sometimes we are at the mercy of our suppliers. It is our policy to ask if the guest wants bread as with all the gluten free hysteria we see no reason to throw bread away that will not be consumed. This is a way to keep costs in line. I am a bit confused as to the point of "except milk and juice " being open to interpretation.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience and will be more than happy to treat you and your wife to lunch as our guest. Call me and I will send you a gift card.

Michael

Oviedo, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for good food with friends”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Pannullo's has become my favorite "good food with good friends" place. I bring friends and my own wine, they serve up great Italian food. The environment is relaxed and friendly. Although, you could make it romantic, for me, it is a place of friendship and conversation. The service is great, very attentive and fun. I believe that we invited our waiter to join us, during the meal. It is centrally located on Park Avenue, so there is ample opportunity for a little post-meal stroll, should you over indulgence in the evening.

Visited November 2013
Stockport
“Reasonable meal, great service”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Went to Pannullos's with some friends and ordered various pasta dishes.

The service from Justin was great and he was most attentive and helpful. The food was served only tepid and a couple of plates had to be sent back to be re-heated - but this wasn't a problem.
The chicken was very good and the portions very generous - but the accompanying linguini and sauces proved a little bland.

• Visited December 2013
Orlando, Florida, USA
“Friends Night Out”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Pannullo's is a great little Italian restaurant with great atmosphere. We had a group of 10 and called in the morning to make reservations for a Friday night table at 6:30. The hostess was very accommodating and set this up for us. That night they sat us even when the whole group wasn't there yet which was very nice and we appreciated it. Our waitress took our drink orders. The Sangria was great and we got an appetizer of Bruschetta included with it (who knew?!). A few in our group got wine. They had a reasonable selection. Everyone in our group got pizza but 1 person. We split the Large Deluxe special, where you get a pizza with 5 toppings for $20.95. This is a great prices, especially in Winter Park. Splitting between 2 people, the price ends up being reasonable and there was plenty of leftovers. We had a great time and will definitely be coming back. Great food/atmosphere/prices!

Visited November 2013
Okeechobee, Florida
“Two very different experiences”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stopped here in late Sept., 2013. Two of us had salad bar and one had a meatball sub. The salad bar was small but varied and fresh. Bread was offered with the salad bar. The sub was huge and very good--especially the crusty bread. Service was good; wait time minimal. We visited again as I especially wanted to try some pizza which I'd noticed people eating on first visit. We were waited on fairly quickly, but no mention of a daily special even as we were indecisive. This time, we had one salad bar, one slice of pizza, and a sausage sub. The sub was good, but the bread was not as great as before--still good. Salad bar was the same as before but no bread offered. The pizza was not like the pizza I saw on my earlier visit. It was so thin, I don't know how it was made. It was thinner than a Ritz cracker. Unlike a cracker, it had no substance. When I attempted to lift it, it hung from the outer edge at a 90 degree angle it was so limp. It took about 30 minutes for these two items to arrive. During that time, we did see our waitress in the kitchen but not at our table. We won't return.

• Visited November 2013