“Since 1987...”
Review of Paco's - CLOSED

Paco's
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Moved to Orlando in 1987.....first turned onto this place by new friends and loved it....its become a love affair every time I am in the Orlando area. The overall ambiance is one of fun and somewhat tacky decor, but who cares, I am there for a great time and great food. Reconnected with some Midwestern school friends there a few times as a meeting place and they love it, too! The Guac doth Rock!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Ok nothing to much to say about it. Since I have eaten here several times with friends that like it. I come back with them from time to time. Average place to me. They think it is great. So i may be wrong.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

A co-worker is a fan of Paco's, and highly recommended it. So I dragged the family out for Mexican - more like my wife dragged everyone else along, and I just gave directions to the restaurant. The other reviewers here are correct - based on the exterior, we'd normally never have stopped here. The building isn't anything special. Once you're inside, the staff (all 25-30 year veterans of Paco's, amazing for an industry with such high turnover) certainly treats you right, with an unforced Southern hospitality ('Honey' and 'Sweetheart' were heard repeatedly).

The food itself - was ok. My wife ordered enchiladas, I had the giant Chili Chimi - and both were alright, but dry. The Chili on mine was about 2 steps from baked on (although tasty), and my wife's meal has plenty of cheese but little sauce. The taste was fine, and we made a note to ask for more sauce on a future visit.

What it is is great value for what you're ordering. Compared to another Winter Park Mexican restaurant (*cough*Cocina214*cough*) the prices are half to 2/3s, and the quality of the food comparable.

If you want decent Mexican food, a sit down experience, friendly staff and good pricing, this is the place.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Our business group was greeted warmly even though we arrived 20 minutes until their closing (2:30 pm) time. The chips and salsa seemed endless. I chose a cheese enchilada and soft chicken taco, delicious! Others in our group had the burritos and meal platters, all with generous servings. Even though it looks like a dive, hole in the wall place, don't judge this book by it's cover. Give it a try!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

You'd pass right by if you didn't know it was there - but don't. The food is great and the service fantastic. Throw in the value, and you've got a great evening out. Highly recommended.