“EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Formerly Houston's
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We lucked out here as our hotel was across the street so we went out of convenience and it was one great spot. The outside seating gives magazine type views of a lake, well lighted paths with landscaping including a herb garden and a dock for private dinner parties. Cocktails and dinner were delicious and well timed. Although the restaurant was crowded, we didn't feel rushed.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We've eaten here several times and it's always a busy place. The menu is simple but executed well. They stick to the basics, a few salads. Some steaks. The bar makes some really good drinks. The place seems to be as much about talking than eating because it has been very loud every time we've been. We'll definitely go again if we are in the area.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

****Formerly known as Houston's!
(the sign says Hillstone but the door says Houston's)

Went here last night for my birthday, our server was excellent. I can't remember her name, I want to say Sarah, she was blonde with glasses. My only complaint: They have no cocktail menu which I think is a missed revenue opportunity but no matter. Had a standard Mojito. The 1st was one of the best Mojitos I'd ever had, the 2nd was good but kind of regretted ordering another expensive cocktail since it wasn't as amazing like the first.

Back to the food: it was soooo good. The prices listed on their website are actually higher than the prices on the menu. just FYI. Anyway had the spinach & artichoke dip... AMAZING. So so good. We gobbled it up.

Entrees: Ribs really did fall off the bone. Amazing coleslaw. But that Hawaiian Rib-eye, soo good!!! Cooked to perfection, amazing char on it, the marinade is fantastic!!! Its sweet but savory, great hawaiian/asian twist on an american classic. I LOVED it. The marinade is a little on the sweet side which I thoroughly enjoyed - it really helped tenderize the meat, but one member of our party thought it was too sweet. But she doesn't like sweets at all so she doesn't count.

Dessert: Hot fudge sundae. OMG they give you a giant gravy boat full of hot fudge. I loved drenching my dessert it in. I even poured some chocolate in my coffee. Delicious!!!
Also had this apple/walnut cobbler kind of thing. Was amazingggg as well!.

Amazing experience, ask for a good view. Make reservations. Valet isn't forced for lunch, but seems to be for Dinner. Leave plenty of time to sit outside and have a drink/enjoy the gardens. The property is amazing.

1  Thank RT_in_FL
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I love Houston's/Hillstone. It is always a consistent meal with good food. NOTE: if you go on the weekends make sure you make dinner reservations as you could be waiting for a long time.

2  Thank BamaGeek11
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place is seemingly always packed whenever I drive by and there is a reason - it's really good.
I've eaten here multiple times for lunch for business meetings and I am always happy with my meal. Here are some tips
1) It's not cheap. Lunch is easily $20/person but it's worth it. The food is very tasty and fresh and the portions are generous
2) There is a wonderful view of the lake from many of the tables - even if you sit inside by the bar.
3) Reservations are probably a good idea - even at lunch - especially if you want a good table with best view
4) valet is available but not required
5) I've had multiple items on the menu but my favorite is probably the ahi tuna salad - it's awesome
6) good for business meetings - even though its got a good hum inside from the other diners, you have plenty of space to relax and talk at your booth/table

overall if you want a nice place to enjoy lunch or dinner, give this a try

1  Thank thehelpfuldad