“Beautiful with wonderful food”

Hillstone Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 336 Restaurants in Winter Park
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Formerly Houston's
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch. I had a wonderful grouper sandwich. The fish was tender with wonderful breading. Even the bun was delicious. Friends had a French dip and hamburgers. Everyone loved the food. The setting on the lake was beautiful, and the staff was fantastic.

There are newer reviews for Hillstone Restaurant

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The first thing I noticed when pulling up to Hillstone, was how beautiful and scenic it was there. The restaurant has a beautiful back garden, fire pit area and is on a lovely big lake. After dinner, my date and I sat on the dock, and enjoy the scenery. There is a big table on the dock, and I remember thinking it would be a great location for a bigger party to have their meal.

As far as the restaurant atmosphere goes, it's a little hectic on a weekend night, but nevertheless enjoyable. The service is good as well, but nothing memorable. They seemed like robots, I remembered saying to my date!

I was surprised by the lack of starters on the menu. We chose the artichoke dip, which was very good, but not the usual type of starter I prefer to get. For entrees, I had the prime rib, and my date had the pork chop. My prime rib was absolutely out of this world! I almost picked up the bone in an attempt to gnaw off the remaining meat, but restrained myself. I'll undoubtedly remember that as one of the best prime ribs I've ever had. My date's pork chop was excellent as well, but no where near as phenomenal as my meal. I'm sure the tables surrounding ours could hear my excitement after every bite I took was followed by a loud, "Mmmmm..."

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Used to be Houstons. This is a place you can always go to and enjoy whether the views from the lake, dock, ducks, and wineyard, pit, sitting in large Adirondack chairs. Patio dining and inside more booth style. Clean and fresh. Great variety on menu . Anyone can come whether solo or friends, family, business. Have had a few business lunches here. Great service and manners.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a beautiful setting for a fabulous meal. We had swordfish and trout and they were prepared with style. The key lime pie is a delicious end to the meal. We would highly recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Really good food, fresh seafood, awesome salads, fun bar scene, beautiful location right on the lake