“Amazing experience in food, service and fun!”
Review of Cask & Larder

Cask & Larder
Ranked #25 of 342 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange Avenue
Description: Cask & Larder, in Orlando-MCO Airport, offers southern-sourced seasonal dishes, craft beers brewed and fresh-shucked oysters from our oyster bar. We offer a wide range of cocktails, wines, and locally brewed craft beers.
Reviewed May 9, 2014

What could be better than great food in a casual and unpretentious atmosphere? We had 8 for dinner in the Brew Room which made the meal even more special. Kelly went above and beyond ensuring a great evening. Amy provided exceptional service along with a host of others. Amy's recommendations were excellent from beginning to memorable end.

Crab toast is awesome. Pimento cheese is outrageous! Hanger ribeye, so good! Just had to mention a few!

The beers are really quite exceptional. The prices are reasonable and the portions are perfect. (if you are overly concerned about small portions or high prices then maybe a better choice for you would be the Cheesecake Factory). Cask was all we hoped for and more. The appetizers are exceptional and inventive as are the entrees and desserts. We know because we tried every single one of them! Adam the bartender sets the atmosphere with an innovative playlist making you want to stick around for hours and hours.

We're a family of foodies and we will return again, and again, and again!

Thanks to Kelly, Amy and Adam (and all of the others back in the larder!)

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stopped by the Cask and Larder mainly because the Ravenous Pig was not open for service yet. We didn't realize it was Derby Day, but it made the experience a whole lot of fun. It was happy hour and they were serving mint juleps. The food was condensed into two appetizers of raw oysters by the piece and small ham biscuits with pimento cheese and pickle. Both were excellent. Once the dinner service started, we ordered a few extra selections. The lobster corn dog may be the best corn dog I've ever eaten - made from lobster/seafood sausage and had a sweet dipping sauce. The crab toast was also very yummy - served on pretzel bread with a smoked artichoke spread and heirloom tomatoes. The final dish was the Kentucky oysters. They were raw on the half shell with roe, creme fraiche, and bacon/vinegar sauce. We did have a crafted cocktail called the C&L lemonade (minus the pink lemonade). The rosemary vodka and ginger beer was quite delicious. Overall, I would recommend trying this restaurant and pick out some of the eclectic dishes.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Suppose to be "the place to go" NOT !
Mostly appetizers' which we really enjoy
but they were very over priced and not
as special as they believe they are.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I decided to try Cask and Larder because we had heard it was a classy restaurant with its own brewery. The beer was great. Compliments end there.

We ordered the beer as soon as we sat down. We then ordered our entrees. My wife had the tortellini, I had the cobia. Each entree was ~$25. I asked the waiter what side dishes came with the entree, "none he said. We could select sides from the menu at additional charge. The entrees arrived in bowls not much larger than soup bowls. My wife had exactly 3 tortellini and some garnish. My cobia was about the size of a hot dog, with three tiny clams. Both dishes were bland, at best.

To further illustrate how small the portions were, both my wife and I finished the entrees before we finished the beer we ordered when we first sat down.

I was ripped off.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I tried this place on a recommendation from a friend. Great selection of Bourbon and unique mixed drinks. The food was very different for southern style and very good. Our waitress was extremely helpful deciding on what to get and the different ways we could attack the menu. We will be coming back!