“Southern Surprise”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange Avenue
Description: Cask & Larder, in Orlando-MCO Airport, offers southern-sourced seasonal dishes, craft beers brewed and fresh-shucked oysters from our oyster bar. We offer a wide range of cocktails, wines, and locally brewed craft beers.
Mt. Dora, FL
“Southern Surprise”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Unlike its "Mother" restaurant (the Ravenous Pig) one can hear one's dinner companions as they delight in food and drink at this Petrakis establishment. The food is excellent and, once again, the waitstaff is knowlegeable, courteous and helpful. The bar seems to be lively and inviting. A special spot for a special occasion!!!

• Visited February 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Solid food and pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Excellent food. We went here twice during our stay. The issue I had with some of the better restaurants in Orlando is, they seem to be catering the the DisneyWorld contingent. Meaning, big open spaces. Not good in my opinion. Cask and Larder was a nice quiet little spot and the food was fantastic. Complimentary parking and a great Beer/Wine and Cocktail menu. Highly recommended.

Visited January 2014
Syracuse, New York
“One of the best, most creative bar services in Orlando”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Something that is particularly rare these days are professional bartenders. Someone who takes their craft seriously; someone who is inspired by both the science and art of their work; someone who has attention to detail and exacting standards; someone who treats the customer with the golden rule. Cask & Larder has a number of outstanding bartenders - not ones who just pour liquor from a bottle but craftsmen who design and build wonderful creations with precision.

If Im at a creative restaurant that takes their beverage service seriously, one of the things I like to do is say something like "make me something that you've been thinking about but havent tried yet". The beverage artists at Cask & Larger - as they do at other great establishments look at your curiously as to double check that you're serious ... and after you confirm your intent, they often get a big devilish smile and say "whats your liquor?" ... and moments later you are rewarded with something unique and often outstanding. Cask & Larder - one of my most preferred restaurants - not just in Orlando, but of all time.

(Oh .. the food? Very good. The service? very good. The room? very good. But for me - its the bar)

• Visited January 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Good then bad”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The first time I was here everything was great: food, beer, and cocktails. When I returned the drinks were good (though, my wife had hers taken back and was brought another one), but the food was not. I cant remember what I had exactly, but my wife had the duck and it was overcooked.

Visited December 2013
“Too expensive ”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I went there with my friends for my birthday cause I wanted to try it for the longest time. I was disappointed with the small menu. They suggested "sharing" plates of appetizers and sides, so we did, but they were too small to share!! It was $10 for a side of broccoli! Which, sorry, is too expensive for me. A ham taster plate, had 3 tiny piles of shaved ham, and 3 petite biscuits, for $20!!! Sorry, not worth the price. Unless you get a full entree, everything is too small and you will leave hungry. I got the beer flight but sadly didn't enjoy but one of them. Would be a nice place, but either the prices should come down or the portions need to get bigger.

1 Thank MelsWard