“Great atmos and service, average food”
Review of Cask & Larder

Cask & Larder
Ranked #27 of 344 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange Avenue
Description: Cask & Larder, in Orlando-MCO Airport, offers southern-sourced seasonal dishes, craft beers brewed and fresh-shucked oysters from our oyster bar. We offer a wide range of cocktails, wines, and locally brewed craft beers.
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Heard a lot of great feedback on this restaurant and gave it a try. Couldn't get a reservation but went to try at bar anyways. Friendly hostess saw us trying to leave after not finding any spots and said they had a cancellation. Was VERY impressed with her attentiveness. Pleasant server who seemed to understand the menu pretty well. Wasn't crazy about appetizer choices, and glad the server explained the menu setup as it was a bit confusing (ala carte). We got the venison and the chicken. Both dishes had extremely unique flavors yet not fantastic. The venison was cooked very well yet had average sides. The chicken was decent. The Mac and cheese side was good. Really enjoyed the cheesecake ice cream. The menu is deceiving and makes it look cheaper than it really is. Still worth checking out.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

C&L is a modern eclectic restaurant with a southern feeling. The food was very good, the service was attentive but not pushy. The menu changes frequently and we missed having the fried chicken but enjoyed our other selections. Good selection of wine and micro brews but we found most expensive. Worth a second visit for sure.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I came here with my wife and her parents. I order fish. My wife and her dad ordered scallops. And my mother in-law order chicken. My fish was very good and a decent portion. The portions of the Scallops was a joke. Maybe a table spoons worth, and my mother in-law got an entire chicken. The portions are all over the place. Were it not for one of us getting a whole chicken 2 of us would have left hungry. The waitress we got was snobby, uninformed, and irritating. The atmosphere was not welcoming at all.

The beer however, was fantastic. Brewed in house. The only reason I would ever consider visiting again would be to sit at the bar and drink the beer. I would not eat here again.

1  Thank Maus C
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Second time eating at C&L....The menu and atmosphere are a breath of fresh air from the cog of chains dotting the Orlando restaurant scene. Our table started with fresh oysters, which were great... I was especially impressed with the Belons and the Malpeques.

Fish entrees (Yellowtail Snapper and Scallops) tasted amazing as did the quail and boar stew (I was hesitant at first to try the boar but a couple beers before seemed to help with the hesitation..)

Service was attentive and knowledgeable. Hostesses seemed friendly enough...not sure where the complaints are coming from on that one. Parking is a little tough but if you don't mind walking a few minutes there is a lot across the street and street parking behind.

1  Thank Mark T
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We are long time fans of the Ravenous Pig (sister restaurant) & enjoy good foodie restaurants. Waited 3 weeks to get Sat. night reservations via OpenTable. Overpriced for what you get. Super small portions & items seemed to be lacking in flavor/size of portion. We needed to order 2-3 items each. Bill worked out to be about $30 per person (including tip).

2  Thank getawaygator