“A Brew Pub With Great Food”
Review of Cask & Larder

Cask & Larder
Ranked #23 of 336 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange Avenue
Description: Cask & Larder, in Orlando-MCO Airport, offers southern-sourced seasonal dishes, craft beers brewed and fresh-shucked oysters from our oyster bar. We offer a wide range of cocktails, wines, and locally brewed craft beers.
Orlando, Florida
“A Brew Pub With Great Food”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is truly a upscale pub.If you expect the typical bar menu this is not your place.The menu changes on a regular basis.I had veal ribs and they where fantastic. My wife had trout and she loved it.
If you want to set in the restaurant part you better make a reservation.If you want to set in the bar you just try your luck.Both sides are very nice.
I sampled a few of there special brews and they where very good.
My wife and I both love the place.

Winter Park, Fl
“Another hit for James and Julie!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Had dinner there last night and food and service was wonderful! Duck breast was moist and yummy with just a little crunch on top. Not a grits eater but I may have to convert. They were so yummy! Our server was knowledgeable and provided prompt service. As always, Tracy is warm and welcoming when she greets you.

Orlando, Florida
“More hype than delivery- positives and negatives”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

i always review the positives and negatives so one has a full picture.
the positives are things such as many of the items flavor is outstanding and some dishes very unique such as the charred okra and beets. Unfortunately for this contributor, the negatives outweigh those positives at this writing.
Price- Overpriced
Portions- Overall too small- especially for price. For example- pitiful fish portions. Duck very tough and small portion. Suggestions: Veggie side dishes other than one or two.
Beers- outstanding. Country ham tasting, pimento cheese- outstanding. Wines- all tend to have the same crispy tart flavor. One needs variety.
Atmosphere- Tends to be pretentious but servers very attentive. However, servers will recite how the chef's will not substitute a vegetable, or starch because they want it a certain way. Even for food allergies- this is not the place for persons with allergies! They will take away but not replace. Isn't the experience about the customer? Cask and Larder have yet to realize that. I find this a challenge not experienced in most restaurants.
If you try this venue- choose items carefully to ensure a positive experience.

Orlando, Florida
“Delicious food and terrific beer!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

A friend and I visited the Cask and Larder last night. First off, make a reservation. We didn't, and upon arriving at 7pm, the hostess told us there was a wait until 9:30. We ventured to the bar area where there are a limited number of first come, first serve tables. There are also standing tables where you can be served as well. We stood until we were finally able to grab a couple of seats at the bar. The service was just as attentive at the bar so we were perfectly happy to have our dinner there.

I had 2 beers- the Raven's Head and the Irish Rye. Both were fabulous. I was curious about the Chipotle Orange Stout so the bartender gave me a sample. It was very interesting and good; although, I can't imagine having a full glass.

We started out with the waffle fries. It is hard to make fries stand out, but these were incredible topped with buttermilk cheese curds, scallions and chicken liver gravy (we asked for it on the side). For dinner, I had the pan-fried trout. It was amazing. My friend had the grilled pork belly and she is still raving about it. As a matter of fact, the words "I can't believe I have missed out on this my entire life" were said last night at some point. In other words...absolutely delicious. We also had to try desserts. We ordered the Chocolate Turtle Cake and the Pumpkin Cheesecake jar. We loved the Chocolate Turtle Cake! It was so rich but not too heavy. The Pumpkin Cheesecake Jar was our only disppointment. We are both huge fans of nearly anything pumpkin, but we didn't care for it. It had a beautiful presentation though being served layered in a jar.

The service was very friendly and made very helpful recommendations when asked. Even the patrons were nice (although I can't guarantee that will always happen). Definitely try this restaurant if you haven't yet. I will definitely be going back.

Savannah, Georgia
“Delicious Southern fare, great brew house!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Cask & Larder is the sister restaurant to the fabulous Ravenous Pig - and it lives up to the family name! We didn't have reservations, so we sat in the bar area, and we were lucky to get a window table. Our server was awesome- she recommended some great beers for us to try (all house brewed.) We started with the Ham Sampler platter, served with fluffy biscuits and pepper jelly. So good! We followed that with the lamb heart, the trout, and some succotash - all incredible! Next time I'll try the oysters....they looked great. We ended our dinner by sharing the mud pie, which was chocolate heaven with raspberry sauce! Can't wait to go back!

• Visited September 2012