“The BEST Indian food I have ever had and for a great price!!”

Tamarind Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Tamarind Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 336 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“The BEST Indian food I have ever had and for a great price!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We found this place online while visiting Orlando and decided to try it. It was late like 9:30 and they close at 10:00 on Fri, so I was hesitant to go but my wife loves Indian food so we decided to try it anyways. Unlike many places when you go in right at closing, the staff was very nice and welcomed us in. The staff was very helpful with the menu as we have eaten Indian food many times before and I wanted to try something new. Of course my wife got what she always gets, the chicken Marsala, and it was the best she has ever had. I could not tell you the name of my dish, something with lamb, but it was delicious. After dinner the hostess brought us a complementary desert, something new he was trying some kind of rice pudding. I have never been big on rice pudding, but theirs was great. As full as we were we ate the entire dish. Their food is excellent and prices are great.

• Visited May 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Amazing”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We went to Tamarind in Winter Park for my birthday. We didn't know exactly what to order, so the waiter suggested we order several meals and eat family style. Then he suggested which meals were best. It was absolutely amazing. We had the lamb roganjosh, chicken tiki, chicken tiki marsala, fish goan, and vegetarian bihriyani (spelling?). It was the perfect amount of spicy, not too spicy but a nice kick, but they'll make it as spicy or as mild as you want.

They even put a candle in my dessert and put on a happy birthday song. It was very nice.
The restaurant was clean and the service was very good!

• Visited April 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Indian Find!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Tough finding Indian food in Orlando proper. Their lunch menu is great! The prices are reasonable ($10-11) and you get a TON of food (entree, raita, daal, salad, rice and fresh naan). Their curries are fresh with great, bright flavors. I had the chicken vindaloo. Was really nice with small pearl onions as well as nice slices of ginger. The medium spice definitely had some spice to it, but it was all delicious! Would definitely go here again.

• Visited December 2013
Orlando, Florida
“To Hot to handle”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've been to the Tamarind restaurant in Winter Park and both my husband and I enjoyed it. The new location in East Orlando is at 12309 E Colonial. I am assuming it is owned by the same family.
First off....it was only there second day open so we should've waited at least 1 week to try them out. But I was hungry and I do love Indian food.
We walked in and really no one greeted us for at least 5 minutes. We just stood there wondering if we were invisible. So head ups to the owners....please have someone out front at all times. A waiter finally seated us then walked away....without providing a menu. Luckily I had picked up a takeout menu so I perused it while we waited for the server to return. Return he did....with no menus....I had to ask for them???The place was filling up quickly and a party of 3 was seating to the right of me and then a couple behind me and then 2 other tables filled up to the right of me. We ordered the house wine while we looked at the menu. The waiter took our order which consisted of Samosas, Masala Dosa, Garlic Naan, Chicken Vindaloo and Salmon for my husband. A basket of a very thin Roti with 3 dips was complimentary. The table of 3 didn't get the Roti but got their Samosas (we ordered before them). The table to the left of us got their entrees as did the people behind us and the other table. Our samosas finally arrived. They were not as good as I've had..very hot as if microwaved and not very flavorful. I was disappointed as I absolutely love samosas. We took a sip of the wine. Awful can't even describe how bad it tasted. We asked for Malbec instead. My chicken was super spicy hot....almost too hot and my husbands salmon which was supposed to be very mild was so spiced you couldn't taste the fish. Meanwhile the table that got the samosas before us hadn't been served drinks or their entrees. They finally complained and left.
Overall, the food was good, but too spicy. Would we go back? Yes, we just will order tandoori items.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ana L
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Nice Food and warm hospitality”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Awesome mouth watering food, aroma. Great quantity. Went for lunch had so much quantity had the remaining same stuff for dinner. A very very rare act of my kind. Also. cost was just $$, Be prepared for warm Indian hospitality and food.

• Visited March 2014