“Still at top of my list”

Tamarind Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Tamarind Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 331 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Still at top of my list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I usually dine at Tamarind every other week, my favorite dish is always chicken tikka with the lime soda drink. one thing that has changed is the server his name I think is imran left for some reason, it feels sad, he was such a generous and professional gentleman. I hope you guys bring him back !

• Visited April 2013

Winter Park, Florida
“wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We got the lamb coconut curry dish (started with an X) and it was MARVELOUS ! The place was really busy on a Friday night but our drinks were always filled, service was fast, and they even tossed in a free sample of their rice pudding ! The server was a bit aloof but he did a good job keeping up with everything.

Orlando, Florida
“Nope”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Searching for my love - Indian cuisine n our new city of Orlando. This one got some stars so we tried it. Do they know what GOOD Indian food is here? Well, I will hold out for hope that we will find it. Suffice it to say, this is not it, sadly. Don't bother, bland, breads, (which are one of my favorite parts of the meal), were Horrible. They called them Naan, pakura, no pourrhi - but what I buy from Whole Foods is better. Oh the days of the Farmers Market on Rosa Parks in Nashville where the little Indian section serves up some of the best in a fast food way. Go figure? It must be out there... I will let you know when I find it! Best advice, wait to hear and don't waste your time and money at Tamarind.

• Visited March 2013
On The Road
“Stellar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have been waiting soooo long for a good Indian restaurant to open in Orlando we finally gave up and I learned to cook Indian cuisine. But now I am out of the kitchen when it comes to Indian food. Everything from soup to desserts are authentic and perfectly prepared. Some of the best tandoori and naan I have ever had. The only downside to Tamarind - it is a small space so be sure to make reservations.

Orlando, Florida
“Friday Night at Tamarind”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I am not an Indian Food expert, but I have visited Tamarind four times now. Obviously, I like it. This is a strip center eatery that totally remodeled the previous Cuban "bare-bones" effort that had leased out the space. I called ahead for reservations for five at 6pm and by the time we left, the place was full, but it appeared you could have gotten a table at least up until 7:20pm. All of the dishes we ordered contained Cilantro (Coriander), even the one we requested to leave it out, so make sure you discuss that with the waiter if this herb is not to your liking as it was with one in our party. This restaurant seems to be doing well and attracts a diverse crowd of doctors and lawyers to everyday folks. The food is all pretty good, and for anyone, like me, who is not familiar with the differences in the cuisine, bring a friend who is knowledgeable, if possible. The servers are polite, but it is hit or miss here on the wait staff's assistance with ordering. There are so many different options that are, well, foreign to the average American.