“Nice way to spend an hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Scenic Boat Tour

Scenic Boat Tour
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Winter Park
Nottingham, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Nice way to spend an hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We visited in January and had a really nice experience. For $12 we thought it was a good way to spend an hour.

The boat's skipper was quiet over the microphone and I couldn't hear much of what he said. But it didn't really matter as I'd never heard of the people he mentioned so it meant nothing to me anyway! I was quite happy just sitting there enjoying the scenery and sunshine.

It was a nice hour spent in a small boat, in beautiful sunshine admiring houses belonging to wealthy people we'd never heard of being from the UK.

Only one criticism - the restroom was less than clean!!

1 Thank NottsPanther75

West Palm Beach, Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Do not miss this tour!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Lovely narrated boat tour around 3 adjoining lakes. Very pleasant tour for kids as well as adults. I would definetly do again.

1 Thank Phylzone
Coral Springs, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Pleasant, Relaxing, Informative Lake tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

A great tour guide, a beautiful day, some great friends, all combined to make this a very enjoyable one hour excursion. The topless pontoon boat might be a little hot during the summer heat, but low bridges on the three canals make a boat cover impossible. We toured three different lakes, got a wonderful historical and architectural tour, and saw some magnificent multi-million dollar homes in this Orlando suburb. Every boat was full on this day, so I do recommend reservations and try to go early in the morning to avoid the heat.

1 Thank Ed E
Greenacres,Fl
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Nice boat tour on a perfect day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I must admit,I didn't think this boat tour around the lakes of Winter Park would be much fun, but I was very pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be a great choice by my soon to be brother-in-law. We payed $11 ( senior rate) pp for a one hour tour of 3 lakes and 2 canals. Our pontoon driver was Wendell, who was terrific, and gave us a guided tour complete with history,FYI's, and yes, some good corny jokes as well.

It didn't hurt that it was a beautiful day on New Year's Day after several straight days of somewhat cooler temps for the Orlando area. I loved feeling the warm sun and wind as we went along the lakes and Wendell pointed out some stories about the homes and owners on each of the lakes. We ( myself & wife) sat next to Wendell in the front, while my sister-in-law & fiancee sat behind us, so I got to ask him some questions while he did his spiel...I thought the $11 for this attraction was a steal, don't miss if you're in Winter Park and want a great way to spend an hour...BTW, one thing to remember, this is CASH only- no cards....

2 Thank statusone
Orlando, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Charming, small moment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

If you are in the area, this is a real delight! Like going boating with grandpa, it is slow-paced, with funny ancedotes on a pontoon boat with seats. The canals with their moss-dripping oak canopies, and luxurious estates provide a lovely glimpse into the typical Central Florida scenery. Often there are turtles, osprey, heron, egrets and other wildlife to be seen, just don't hope for alligators, Winter Park real estate is too pricey for them. :-)

Visited July 2012