“Innovative Idea and delicious flat breads!!!”

The Wine Room on Park Avenue
Ranked #8 of 333 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orlando, Florida
“Innovative Idea and delicious flat breads!!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The concept they have at this place is new for me, you buy a card and put funds in it and go around the place and buy any wine that you want, it is very cool!! We had some flat breads, the one with pears and brie cheese, that one was to die for!!
I really liked this place!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank jenbeba

Clearwater, Florida
“unique and geared to the wine lover”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

really enjoyed the self serve wine bar. using a preloaded card, can selective different wines to try. also ate lunch and sampled the cheese selections, which were extensive. very laid back. Jason our waiter was extremely helpful. Would definitely go again when we're in the area

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Nick E
Orlando, Florida
“Another one bites the dust...”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have been coming here for years. I work in Winter Park, so it WAS a great place to meet friends after work and relax on the couches or outside. But, I hate to say, I now have to mark yet another restaurant off my list! The owner remodeled and added new wine machines. Along with that, he jacked up the prices. My favorite was the fig and prosciutto flatbread. When I ordered it this time it was cold, the figs were almost non existent and the prosciutto was fatty ham chunks, they used to be thin slices of prosciutto. Plus, it was smaller, but $3.00 more. The new wine machines are awful (they even don't work half the time), and the prices are out of hand. Why would you change a good thing? The new bar stools are also extremely uncomfortable. They really need to consider a "no children" rule! When I was there, there were 6 children in this small BAR. And, I don't care how you want to classify it, it is a bar! Babies crying and kids being loud do not make for a nice evening with friends in a place called "The Wine Room". Too bad greed took over this place. I used to take all our out of town guests here, but I am so sad that I can't anymore. It was one of my last "fun, different" places that was always consistent, but now it is no longer. My search will have to continue.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MommaFloyd
Orlando, Florida
“A great concept with apathetic staff”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The first time I went in this establishment, I was completely enamored. I loved the ability to taste wines at choice, to get small plates of cheeses and other accouterments, and the sense of energy that buzzed around the room. The second time, some of the shine faded. I recognized that the service might not be of the caliber I expected when I approached a server to inquire about a table outside. He made eye contact, saw me coming, and promptly walked away. The little things then started to eat at me - things like the fact that you can't buy a wine card at the bar in the back, and then the lack of commitment by the staff became readily apparent. I came back one more time, and again the service was simply sluggish, with one server suggesting that she wasn't sure how successful she would be in opening a bottle (at a wine bar!) I am currently toasting a glass of wine (from a bottle purchased here) to the management insisting on to a level of customer service consistent with this market. I'd be happy to pay the $10 corkage on a bottle bought there if it was.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Travis C
Keedysville, Maryland
“The Nicest Wine Bar around”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Excellent wines, so many choices. The service was fantastic. The atmosphere was cozy and beautiful. The cheeses were great, but the truffle flatbread was absolutely the best. Go, enjoy and relax.

Visited May 2013