“Wonderful find!”

The Wine Room on Park Avenue
Ranked #9 of 333 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Wonderful find!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Have been coming here for years, they just did an update on the inside to give it more seating, and as always everything was great. The selection of wine is awesome, by the glass or by the bottle, there is something for everyone. They also feature many champagnes by the glass, and have a grand selection of cheeses to go along with the wines and if you are looking for more to eat, sandwiches, flatbreads and more, a delight! Can not wait to come back.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank bradyone

Cincinnati, Ohio
“How Fun”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

How fun! I just stumbled in and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Just load up a card and you get to try as many or few wines as you choose. I really enjoyed the experience. You can go at your own pace. Plus with 148 wines on tap, you no doubt have the chance to try something new. I also like the option of the different size pours.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Craig S
Palm Bay, Florida
“Nice for the Ladies, but not my cup of tea”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went here this past Sat night with family members. You get a credit type card and put money on it, then insert at the wine station and choose the wine you would like to try. Some stations have up to 3 choices for sample, 1/2 glass or full glass. The Ladies thoroughly enjoyed themselves and had fun sampling as many wines as they could. I am not a wine drinker, but did have a few sips that were ok (to me). Ordered a 5 cheese plate and did enjoy each cheese on the plate, not that there was a huge portion of each...but it is only a sample. Plenty of bread and toasted breads. The server we had kept reminding us, numerous times, that the area that we were sitting in was reserved at 7 pm...we told him that we would be gone long before that as we had a 6:30 appt. He was, I thought, a bit rude. I guess he didn't believe us! I did enjoy their beer and because the Ladies did enjoy it here I would return.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank hdfrompbfl
Orlando, Florida
“Great and not great!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have always loved the wine room and have been so many times over the years. So when a Groupon came up for it I bought it. When I went to use it the wine card was fine but the fromage sampler ($15) was so chintzy and sad. The menus said it was cheese from Spain and France and I got cheese from Wisconsin! One slice each of two cheeses, a chutney that was not a chutney at all, and six sad tiny baguette pieces. The girl who prepared the "sampler" did not even wear gloves, her name was Amanda, moreover, she had just been serving at the bar, ewww! Also she didn't wash her hands. I asked Kevin if this was what they always served or were they cheaping out bc it was a groupon and he was not that nice and said if we didn't like it he would take it away. Wow. He was nice in the end but I thought it was poor form to treat customers like that.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank Lawgnome
Leesburg, Florida
“Connoisseur or Novice - Great For All”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I love this place! I've been here several times and it was just as good as always. The Wine Room is great for wine novices or for connoisseurs. You can figure out which wines you like if you're a wine newbie. Or just hang out and have a good time with friends in a comfortable atmosphere if you already know what you like. Whatever your level of knowledge, if you love wine or are just starting to explore, this is a great place to go. It's a good place with friends or couples or even solo. The vibe is always relaxed and friendly. I've been to similar places but this one is by far the best.

• Visited August 2012