“Fresh ingredients, great food”
Review of Prato

Prato
Ranked #10 of 361 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morse and Park Avenue
Description: Blending simplicity and inspiration, Prato celebrates cuisine from Italy's rich culinary landscape, seamlessly blending Italian classics with modern techniques and seasonal ingredients. Celebrated chef, Brandon McGlamery entices guests with dishes ranging from light primi and insalata choices to savory, handcrafted pastas and inventive Italian entrees. By offering a variety of Spanish and Italian varietals and blends, we help our guests to discover complex, unique and lesser known wines that excited and delight their palettes. With a long bar that runs through the center of the restaurant, dining at Prato offers a communal and social atmosphere.
Reviewed October 16, 2016

Our server Jessie was very sweet and professional. My husband had the Oysters to start. They were chopped up, mixed with spinach and bechamel and broiled. They were delicious. For a main dish he ordered a half portion of the Shrimp Ravioli. The portion was very small but very good. Lucky thing I ordered the Pizza Margarita with pepperoni which we shared. It was one of the best pizza's that we have ever had. Perfect crust, great sauce, creamy cheese, fresh basil and definitely the yummiest pepperoni ever.

Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

We tried salad, pizza, pastas and 2 deserts.
Everything was perfect!
Very flavorful, exciting food and ambiance.

Reviewed September 25, 2016

Did I say noisy? We had reservations for 7pm, and we had a hard time getting the attention of the hostess staff, and then waiting for a table in the truly loudest restaurant I think we have been in in decades. I was led to think this was a Farm to Table restaurant. Not like any I have experienced. There were just two of us, but what turned out to be our server after waiting a long time to even be recognized, was way more interested in the table of six next to us ordering many bottles of wine. Well when we finally got his attention, he tried very hard to describe where all the fancy little ingredients came from in excruciating detail over the cacophony. We ordered four dishes to share. A few were ok, two so over rated and over priced, like the mustard spaghetti. The server actually said the noise level got louder even as it gets later at night! It is also a very crowded hectic atmosphere. We both felt like it wasn't worth the money. We like to be able to converse at dinner and relax... Maybe a pizza for lunch is a better choice here. We went on to Better than Sex Dessert Restaurant as we both needed a good finish to the night.

Reviewed September 23, 2016 via mobile

I am in town once a year to visit family. This was my first visit to Prato. It will not be my last. From the atmosphere to the service to the food, everything about this family lunch was superb.

For appetizers, my sister ordered the soup, whole I ordered the single meatball. The meatball, with all its delicious sauce, comes on a small bed of polenta. That meatball was so good, I could see myself ordering 4 and eating them with the crusty bread and EVOO with balsamic also at the table.

For entrées, we ordered 2 different pizzas (both highly recommended by our knowledgeable server). We ate half of each (a Margarita and a mushroom), and brought the rest home for others to enjoy. The thin, crispy crusts we outstanding, and the toppings impeccable.

We split 1 scoop of richly flavorful blackberry sorbet for dessert.

Whole experience was great. If you want Italian, as well as a restaurant that makes everything from scratch every day, go here.

Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

Dinner started off with an order of the oysters which were absolutely radiant in taste, the watermelon and the acidity was simple refreshingly. The second appetizer was the pretzel calamari, great texture, not oily or greasy and had two sauces...one was creamy and the other was spicy.

For a drink I had the Chianti by the glass with a Caesar and the full Basil Gnocchetti which I split, both were delicious and perfect. The Gnocchetti wasn't overbearing with the basil flavor..honestly I could barely taste it, the tomato sauce didn't coat the pasta but the pasta had just enough flavor.

Dessert, the berry sorbet and a black coffee. The berry sorbet was creamy and so smooth, neither tangy or sour but sweet.
Will return, it was quite warm in the restaurant.