“Feels pretty close to New Orleans.....”

Tibby's New Orleans Kitchen Winter Park
Ranked #4 of 347 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Tibby's is not just about what you see, but how it makes you feel. It's about expressing personality and character through food, music, art and heritage. It has the vibe of New Orleans funk in a very fun atmosphere. It is vibrant in expressions and true to its colors. It reflects a social gathering that feeds the soul. It is not the New Orleans you may have visited; it is the New Orleans that locals call home.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We enjoyed dining outside so that our little pup would not have to stay cramped in the car. Plus it was really nice weather to enjoy. Started off with a couple of large glasses of ICE COLD beer! Then came our appetizer of fried green tomatoes with fried crawfish and remoulade sauce...YUMMY!!! Our entrée arrived and the po-boy was full of fried shrimp. The shrimp were perfectly fried and spiced. The only small disappointment...the bread wasn't quite as good as we find in New Orleans. But this is the closest I have ever gotten to the taste of New Orleans without flying there.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My Maid of Honor (also friend and sister-in-law), surprised me with my Bridal Shower at Tibby's. I had already been to Tibby's before so I knew the food was amazing.

I didn't drink that day, but their drinks are always perfectly made. The food was great as always and very filling.

I don't know the details of the planning but I know that I had a lot of fun that afternoon with the ladies in my life.

I would definitely recommend Tibby's for small gathering for a unique bridal shower or birthday gathering! Their service is always impeccable.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is by far one of my favorite restaurants! The food and decor are so amazing! Portions are generous and they offer different specials. My favorite is the fried green tomato and crawfish poboy sandwich! Yum!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

DH and I make it here as often as possible while in the Orlando area. So far we've had nothing that was disappointing-it's all so delicious. (fried pickles are the bomb!)

Reviewed April 25, 2013

WOW! I came upon reviews of Tibby's on this site as well as other sites. My husband and I were headed to Orlando for a quick trip and wanted to try something new. We both had the great fortune to have lived in New Orleans for four years so we are very familiar with the New Orleans food scene. Many restaurants outside of New Orleans claim that they serve Creole or Cajun dishes. Most of them do not get it right. Tibby's, on the other hand, is just perfect! Tibby's food was the most authentic Creole/Cajun / New Orleans style food I have had outside of New Orleans. We enjoyed our dinner so much that we went back for lunch the very next day!

For dinner we were in time for happy hour which meant $5 Hurricanes! Tibby's was off to a fantastic start as their Hurricane tasted just like the Hurricanes served at Pat O's! Next we decided to order something to start the meal before we ordered. We wanted to get a taste of what Tibby's served up before we commited to a meal. I had a cup of Jambalaya and my husband had a cup of Red Beans & Rice. Both were delicious and tasted very authentic - Tibby's had the flavors down pat! We each ordered a meal. I had to try my New Orleans "go to meal" - a shrimp po-boy. My husband ordered the crawfish etouffee. Ohhhhhh wow! Both of these dishes were wonderful - a taste of a place we call home! Yummy! The shrimp po-boy was served on Gambinos bread (Tibby's has this flown in daily from NOLA) and wow it really makes a difference! I closed my eyes and I thought, for a moment, I had been transported back to New Orleans. My husbands crawfish etouffee was yummy as well but not as spicy as my husband would like but a few dashes of Crystal Hot sauce solved that very minor issue. We were both stuffed but we were not leaving without trying some beignets so we ordered a serving of 3 beignets to share. They were divine!

As I mentioned earlier we had such a great dinner at Tibby's we decided to stop in for lunch on our way out of town. Lunch did not disappoint! My husband made a special request - he wanted to see if they could put together a sandwich that was his favorite from his NOLA days - a smothered cheeseburger po-boy. It was not on the menu but Tibby's came through with a perfect smothered cheeseburger po-boy served up on that wonderful Gambinos bread. By the way a smoothered cheeseburger po-boy is a - cheesburger served dressed with sauteed onions then smothered in brown gravy. I tried a meal of Jambalaya, Crawfish Pie, and Gumbo. All were good and tasty! We finished this meal off with some yummy bread pudding!

In addition to the great food the atmosphere at Tibby's was funky and fun. The service was great. The prices were very reasonable. If you are in the Orlando area Tibby's is a must try restaurant! Tibby's is the next best thing to an actual trip to New Orleans!

1  Thank Sarah R