“Funky place”

Tibby's New Orleans Kitchen Winter Park
Ranked #4 of 332 Restaurants in Winter Park
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Tibby's is not just about what you see, but how it makes you feel. It's about expressing personality and character through food, music, art and heritage. It has the vibe of New Orleans funk in a very fun atmosphere. It is vibrant in expressions and true to its colors. It reflects a social gathering that feeds the soul. It is not the New Orleans you may have visited; it is the New Orleans that locals call home.
Auburn, New York, United States
“Funky place”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I enjoyed my food. Beer in a large mug a little heavy to drink out of. Overall glad I went. I was visiting my friend who lives in Florida and I wanted to try something different and not a chain restaurant. I would return.

• Visited December 2012

orlando florida
“Tiny Oysters, Cold meal...”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had to read the other reviews again. Was so looking forward to eating here. Can't imagine this is the sixth best liked restaurant in Winter Park based on my lunch experience.

Went with a group of friends. Ordered the half Po Boy Oysters with Grits on the side. Asked the waiter how the oysters were today. He said pretty good. Good oysters are hard to find in the Orlando area, and certainly didn't get them here. Friend next to me had the Shrimp Etouffe and for some reason, I now understand, everyone else ordered the Eggplant. Well I go to Italian restaurants for Eggplant. The eggplant dishes came out looking great and steaming hot. My dish and the etouffe were cold. My grits had actually congealed. Our two dishes must have been just sitting somewhere waiting for those five eggplants dishes to come out of the oven.
I said something to the young waiter and he just shrugged his shoulders and said sorry.
This was not anywhere near a New Orleans experience. Sooo disappointing.

• Visited April 2013
Gonzales, Louisiana
“From a Nola girl!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Tibby's was recommended by friends of ours in the Orlando area. We were skeptical at first because not many people can replicate the food and the atmosphere of authentic New Orleans. Both were outstanding. Shrimp and andouille grits are a must! The blackened chicken pasta was delish! The po-boy bread was real New Orleans French bread! And the alligator cheesecake was quite tasty! The decor was perfect from the Tipitina's posters to the Katrina doors to the Mardi Gras ladders suspended from he ceilings. It was a bit crowded and noisy, but that's what New Orleans is all about! Great bar, too! About a 30 minute drive from Orlando, but well worth it, if you have the time!

1 Thank KeyWestKimmie
Lake Mary, Florida
“A little taste of NOLA in FLA”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Friends recommended Tibby's, and we're so glad they did. No, you won't think you've been transported to New Orleans, but it's in that style with a few positive twists. We shared a barbecued shrimp appetizer that had a sauce worthy of breaking my diet to dip more than one piece of bread. I had an eggplant entree (please don't ask me to spell it), and my dining companion did the half-and-a-side, because a whole po-boy and a side would have been too much food! The sweet potato fries were very good. The beignets were almost as good as the Cafe du Monde, and the bread pudding was also yummy. Personable service and reasonable prices - no surprise that it comes from the same minds who created Tijuana Flats. Looking forward to their new location, which will be a little closer to home.

• Visited March 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
“fun and delicious”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

You would hardly know this place existed even driving by. It is tucked away in a shopping center, but it is worth venturing in. Tibby's has a wonderful, energetic New Orleans atmosphere. It was small and a bit loud and crowded but that just added to the feel of the place. The decorations were bright and festive, the service was excellent (even on a busy Saturday night), but mostly the food was delicious. I was there with 3 friends and we had a bite of each entree, and one was better than the next. I found the servings to be plentiful and the prices reasonable as well. Make sure you save a little room to end your Big Easy experience with some hot, delicious beignets, they were a perfect treat to end the evening!

Visited March 2013