“Great meal”

Winter Park Fish Company
Ranked #9 of 336 Restaurants in Winter Park
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Comfortable casual table service restaurant with high-end local fish & seafood. Lots of choices, from scratch made sides & preparations to fish choices that fit the needs of any seafood lover. Open kitchen dining room and lots of temperature controlled outdoor seating to enjoy the wonderful Florida weather!
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My brother and i visited this restaurant with my neice and her husband while on a visit in Flordia. We loved this restaurant. The fish was fresh and delicious. One chooses the fresh fish, how you want it cooked (I chose pan seared), the sauce you want on your fish and two sides. Everything was flavorful, well prepared and complelely enjoyable. Wish I lived closer so I could dine there often.

There are newer reviews for Winter Park Fish Company

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We went to the WPFH for lunch. I had been there before and remembered it to be good. Today my wife and I walked in at lunch and all of the tables inside were full. We sat at the bar. John told us welcome to the best seat in the house and gave a sample of the tuna salad with crackers! We ordered fish taco's and the shrimp and grits. As we waited, we asked about the Tuna Chili. He asked if we would like to try it. He brought a generous sample and it was great. Honestly tasted just like chili with ground beef. It did not taste of fish at all! When the main dish came, it looked fantastic. The shrimp and grits came with a side and we ordered the french fries. Honestly, I can say the fries were one of the best I have ever had. They were really crispy which I obviously like. The shrimp and grits were uniquely prepared. It had a lobster gravy and was loaded with shrimp. Normally you get a few shrimp and a lot of grits, not here. It was loaded with shrimp and the gravy gave a nice "kick" to the flavor. I can say that these are the BEST shrimp and grits I have ever eaten. They were so good that I ordered a "to go" order for a friend who was in the hospital and we were going to visit afterwards. BTW, he loved them as well. His wife tried them and she said "wow"! The fish taco's were also very good. Lots of Mahi and great flavor.
I found the prices reasonable, certainly not cheap, but good fish is not cheap! The price of the shrimp and grits was a little shocking($20) and almost deterred me from ordering. I glad that we did.
If I were a local I would be here every week.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

No effort made to retain a regular long-time customer.

We used to go there at least every couple weeks and order the same thing. In fact, as soon as we walked in, the girl wrote the order. One day, my wife's main dish was so spicy she couldn't eat it. The manager in charge said that the chef accidentally put in too much spice. No adjustment was offered, we just threw it away and left. The next time we were assured that all was going to be OK, but they had run out of the mussels usually used and substituted some huge clams that were so tough they were not edible. "Sorry about that" No adjustment. We wrote a letter to a person named Clancy who is supposed to be the general manager and didn t even have the courtesy of a reply.

This place isn't inexpensive and to be treated that way -- Forget it. There are plenty of other places.

3  Thank jim3not
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stopped in this afternoon for the first time and the food and atmosphere were quite enjoyable. The establishment was very clean and the staff were extremely helpful and patient. I ordered the Crab Cake sandwich with the conch fritters as an appetizer. The conch fritters were the perfect texture and were not too greasy. They were accompanied by a dipping sauce that had just the right amount of kick to complement the fritter. The sandwich was bigger than expected and absolutely delicious. The food was filling but did not leave me feeling heavy after I was done eating. I am extremely picky about food and skeptical about trying new restaurants, but Winter Park Fish Company was a pleasant surprise. :)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I decided to try out Winter Park Fish Company after reading all the positive reviews and with that being said they definitely lived up to their reputation. Upon entering I noticed the décor consisted of what I thought to be a small seaside joint with many ocean themed memorabilia on the walls. While some may consider this tacky it was actually well put together and provided a laid back and homey atmosphere which I found comfortable and enjoyable. The food itself was absolutely delicious, I ordered the crab cake sandwich. Being raised in Maryland I know what a good crab cake taste like and I am usually skeptical of trying it in other places in fear it may not live up to my standards. After taking that first bite, I can say with confidence it was above and beyond what I expected. With a fun atmosphere and a lovely staff I cant wait to visit Winter Park Fish Company again.

1  Thank Michael A