“Too much pepper!”

Ranked #1 of 347 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: 4 Rivers is a family-owned smokehouse specializing in 30-day aged brisket, homemade southern sides and fresh bakery items.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Decided to try something new, for a change of pace, so I ordered the "chicken pot pie." This was a bread bowl that came with a small container of creamy chicken and turkey bits mixed with typical carrots and peas and a side biscuit to put on top as a kind of cover. Since I was doing takeout, nothing was assembled, which was OK. However, large pieces of cracked pepper took center stage everywhere. Way too much pepper in both the bread bowl and the creamy mixture. Also the ratio of bread to filling was overpowering-too much bread, not enough filling. I was grateful for another choice that wasn't pork or beef, but disappointed in the end result. I'll stick with the chicken sliders next time, if there is one.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

They have a few items that do not appeal to me, but what these people can do to an ugly pig cannot be surpassed. Best way to avoid the line is to call ahead for a take out order, pick it up at the counter and eat it there. Otherwise you will be standing and waiting for about 20 minutes.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

BBQ at it's best! Can't say anything bad about the food in the many times that we have been there. Cafeteria style ordering so don't let the long lines discourage you. Great place for families, very casual, reasonably prices. An Orlando locals favorite. Check for hours because they close earlier than most restaurants. Great carry out service as well.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I love their brisket! So good. If you get the sliders ... you can try three types of meat, which is cool. They have a great menu for kids. My son is so picky ... only wants McDonalds and french fries, but he loves 4Rivers BBQ. Now, I picked the bread pudding by default, it was next to the empty bin of corn that I always get that is awesome. I didn't want to wait, so I picked the bread pudding and it was sooooo good, I went back for a second cup! AMAZING! The french fries are great, the sides are great, the meat is cut per order ... the wait is not all the time, usually in the summer on the weekends. I went last weekend and walked right in and sat down. You have to try this restaurant.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We are so happy we found this place. Fantastic food, fair prices and great variety. We only regret not having enough time in Orlando to sample more deserts! But we did get a few chances to enjoy dinner at the Smokehouse a few nights and everything we ordered was awsome. The staff was also first rate - big smiles and great attitudes all around. Go try it! you will not be disappointed!!