“Excellent Tex-Mex”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Eat here once a week for the lunch buffet. Best deal in town for lunch if you enjoy a little Mexican- and I always enjoy eating a little mexican:)

There are newer reviews for El Potro

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We have a lot of our family gatherings here...they offer more than just Mexican food. The service is excellent and very friendly. I would recommend highly!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I’m lucky that I live about three minutes from this restaurant, but it’s worth a much longer trip. Excellent, really tasty food; decent service; and very reasonable prices. My favorite is Carnitas, but everything is good. Excellent guacamole! We’re not drinkers, but they have a full bar. There’s also a buffet which I haven’t tried but it looks really good and is very popular. The place is clean and comfortable, family friendly, and big enough to accommodate most groups. This is no-frills dining; don’t expect too much when it comes to service. But remember you’re paying about a nickel more than you would at Taco Bell for food that’s ten times better! NOTE: This is not a chain, but I believe it is a franchise. There are other El Potros with the same sign and menu (locally in Apopka and Oviedo, I think), but each is locally owned and individually operated, so they vary.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

We eat at the El Potro Winter Park, FL location on a regular basis. The staff is friendly, so accommodating and always glad to see us. The food is true family Mexican and the portions are large. Prices are great We've eaten at other locations and the food is good but the Winter Park crew is just the best.